What's new

Smallville - Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

UngersPride

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad
Just picked up season 3 and things started off with a bang. Excellent first two episodes.

BTW, the Atlantis nightclub featured in season 3 of Smallville actually exists. It's in Vancouver (where the series is filmed) and the chicks that go there are as hot or hotter than what is depicted in these episodes. How do I know? I live in Vancouver and have been to that club a few times.

Believe me the babes that go there are gorgeous....

I am also watching season 7 on TV. I'l watch a couple more episodes and then stop. I plan on buying the dvd set, so I don't want to know everything that happens.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I loved this second episode.

I liked the scenes between Clark and Kara.

Is the anything in the comics or something that's been done about Supergirl as an ulterior motive or a reason she can't be trusted?

Was she brought to earth to kill baby Kal-el?

or is Jor-el just lying to Clark.

I would LOVE to see Kara on Red-K

UngersPride

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad
I have noticed, especially in first couple of seasons, some subtle religious aspects to the show. Whether intentional or not they add another layer and aspect to the show.

Things to consider:

1) In the first season Kent is suspended on a cross

2) The juxtaposition of Kent and Lex with angel statutes.

3) The meaning of Kent's name "Kal-el"

4) The meaning of "Jor-el".

5) The meaning of "Lex Luthor's" name.

To name just a few.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

how about lex being saved by an apparent "angel" this season.

btw, what do those names mean anyhow?

glad i'm not the only one who thinks kara's face is odd looking.

she has a bit of an over bite combined with an underbite and an odd hollow look to her eyes and cheekbones.
also no facial expression.

i dont like her.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I'm just wrapping up season 3. I haven't watched Season 7 any, but will be caught up soon..

Here's what I know so far:

(a) whoever plays Lex is an infinitely better actor then the kid playing Clark.
(b) I'm absolutely rooting for Lex. At this point just so far, find him more compelling, interesting and fun.
(c) Whoever plays Clark is really wooden at times. And the dialog for Clark makes him come off like a town idiot at times.. super powers.. and the mental acuity of a small hamster.

Abe D

Agent
Real Name
Abe D
I was going to post the exact same thing. Her massive cheekbones give her a strange, caricature-like appearance from the front, and her overbite/underbite make her look more of a yokel than a supergirl. I also don't like her.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Personally, I thought she handled the action scenes well, and physically, she has the appearance of the modern-era Supergirl. As far as her acting ability goes, I agree, she wasn't particularly good, especially in her one-on-ones with Clark. But then again, some of the dialog they stuck her with was simply dreadful!

I was not all that excited when I first read about the prospect of Supergirl coming to Smallville, but now that I see it playing out, I have to admit it opens the door to lots of potentially interesting story arcs.

The Lex character, in particular, should reap the benefit of her arrival, since now he has a new Kryptonian to be obsessed with. The striking similarity between his first encounter with Kara and the way Clark rescues him back in season one, can't be ignored and is sure to be milked in future storylines.

Kara's arrival also opens up the possibility for a new twist in the Clark/Chloe relationship. Will Kara usurp Chloe as Clark's best friend? They seem to be setting the stage for that, at least in the short term.

Also, for the first time ever, Clark now has a Kryptonian blood relative living in Smallville. This is sure to impact on some of his decision-making in much the same way it affects the way that Chloe and Lois interact.

On the whole, I really like what I have seen so far in season seven!

UngersPride

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad

It seems this issue has been visited many times in the past.

From what I have been able to find out here are some interpretations of the meanings for some of the names:

1) Kal-El - Because Siegel and Shuster (Superman's creators) were both Jewish, some religious commentators and pop-culture scholars such as Rabbi Simcha Weinstein and British novelist Howard Jacobson suggest that Superman's creation was partly influenced by Moses, and other Jewish elements. Superman's Kryptonian name, "Kal-El," resembles the Hebrew words קל-אל, which means "vessel of God". The suffix "el", meaning "of God" is also found in the name of angels (e.g. Gabriel, Ariel), who are flying humanoid agents of good with superhuman powers.

2) Jor-El - J is actually pronounced Y (the letter Yod) in Hebrew. Possible translations are: Yare'-el - fear of God, Yarah-El - God teaches, taught of God, Yeru-El - God is a foundation, Yeri-El - founded of God; God will see.

3) Lex Luthor - A) Lex - Latin for law ('Lex' is also short for Alexander. Alexander is Greek for leader of men, alex (leader) ander (men).Luthor (Luther) - Teutonic- famous warrior/ famous in war.

B) Another interpretation: Lex Luthor is a derivative of "ex Lucifer" or satan. Clark calls Lex the devil and a snake in several episodes of Smallville.

It could be argued that the struggle between Clark and Lex is a struggle between good and evil, and between God and the devil.

More information on the history of the Superman legend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jor-El

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Wow! Now that is interesting stuff!

And I think Kara looks fine, she's in this months issue of Stuff and she looks pretty hot IMO. She does have very distinct cheekbones but they're not at all objectionable to me.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Almost 1/2 way through Season 4. So far, Lex is imminently likable and hell, he does come off as far more the hero then Clark. Clark in this show comes off as dishonest, pathological, forceful, craven, kind of creepy and really wooden.

*laugh* if it stays this way, gven another season or so, I'll be pretty much onboard wiith the idea that if Humanity is going to survive, Clark has to go..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks