What's new

Smallville season 6 (2 Viewers)

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
Yeah, the Clark/ Lana thing is sooo played out- time for Chloe- a nice transition to the willfullness of Lois, no?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Chloe is the wild card in all this since she is not tied to an "etched in concrete" comic book mythology. In the end, we all know that Lex will be bad, Lois will love Superman, etc., etc. But, Chloe is pretty much a blank slate to comic book fans which means she can interact with the rest of the Smallville universe in interesting and unpredictable ways. The character of Chloe is one of the main things that keeps this program fresh IMO, and her inclusion was a masterful stroke by the writers.

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed these first two episodes... more so than much of last season.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Lois does have a thing for Superheroes doesnt she? First Aquaman, now Green Arrow and then...Superman.
Loved the new superpower though you would think people in the Daily Planet would kind of wonder what these big bursts of wind are?

Sure if we can discuss Olivers' biceps in the preview.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No, I meant I didn't want to get into that discussion. You can discuss what you want, but I'm trying to move past that kind of thing. I won't be a killjoy about it, but a thread a while back in After Hours about regretting past posts got me thinking. I had a bad post in last season's Smallville thread--long since edited out of existence--and I want to avoid that kind of thing. Not that I'll be above saying, "Man, Chloe was sure looking good tonight," but I want to avoid cataloguing body parts and so forth if I can.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
The Super Inhale Bullet Time scene made me laugh out loud. I think he was emptying the entire building of oxygen, Chloe shoulda dropped dead. It woulda been great her hold on for dear life nearly being sucked in to his gaping maw. Shouldn't his lung have been filled with paperclips and paperwork, not to mention nearby pencils and assorted insects? That woulda been awesome.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

LOL, yeah, the way he inhaled all that air he should have sucked the vault door off it's hinges!

It's just one of those things, like why he doesn't snap people's necks when he rescues them at superspeed, you know, they go from zero to 600mph in a split second lol. Or why Marha and Lionel didn't get crushed in Mercy when Clark caught the falling elevator, it was essentially the same as if they had hit the bottom.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/12/06

Well, Lois was made for the Maid Marion costume. Lois is so the hero-hound. Did laugh at when she tipped Oliver.

Lex did look like a jackass in his roman get-up. Didn't like Lana's costume either.

Jimmy and Chloe - they really need to figure things out.

The Poison Ivy-esque FOTW was definitely defeated/stopped far too easily, it was like she was an afterthought for all the rest of the soap opera elements of the episode.

Anyone ever think we'd see bored-out-of-his-gourd Clark up in his barn bouncing a superball all night long?

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
they definitely had a new writer for tonight's episode -- the dialogue was WAY more complicated than anything i can remember in the past few seasons.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
For a moment, when Clark was digging on the park ranger named Gloria, I was thinking it was going to be the first appearance of Lori Lemaris.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Lex killing your girlfriend in the futures where you tell her the truth sure is a major cock block.

So far this season has been a lot less ambitious that last year, but also a lot less uneven.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Lex *finally* tells Clark to get off his property. He should have done that about two seasons ago. I never did like Clark just bursting into the study like he owned the place to tell Lex off.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Pretty sly of them using the Phantom Zone as a new replacement for the krypto-freaks of the week. I had forgotten all about the freed criminals.

The actress that played Gloria is smokin'. Looking her up on IMDB I see she was also on "Mercy Reef" aka The Aquaman Show.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And Clark killed her. For all the complaints about Clark and Jimmy being contemporaries, Clark being willing to pro-actively end another person's life is, I think, a much worse way of straying from the basic idea behind the character.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In Clark's defense, I don't think he knew the electrified rain would kill Gloria. He just wanted to stop her, and in doing do, she got turned to dust/ash, but do we know if she's dead, or could re-constitute herself? Plus, he knew she was adamant about terraforming earth to her liking, and he had to stop her one way or another.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone laugh when Jimmy referring to "dropping his log" to Gloria sneaking up behind him?

What was more disturbing, LexLana's undressing of one another, or Anakin and Padme's clumsiness in their fireplace scene in Episode II?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just cant stand the crappy pop songs that run rampant in most tv shows these days.

i dont need some mediocre pop group singing to me what i'm supposed to be thinking during a show.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You should watch Supernatural. It features classic rock. Some of the highlights have been Kansas, Triumph, AC/DC, BOC, and CCR. The show could use as many new audience members as it can get.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

No, it was still peppered with the tired and true double entendres and the "I don't like costume" lines that at first were cute, but now are just tired.

Or the end where Lex and Lana get it on and Clark's left to play with his balls. That's subtle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks