What's new

Smallville Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Greg,

Yeah, I'm talking about the Depeche Mode song "Precious"
Just downloaded it from Limewire, and added it to my PSP.

Yeah my HDTV download ended right at the in memory of credit.
I'm just happy to have a download of that episode, it took me almost a week to find a decent one, all the others were coming in as color bar downloads.
Hopefully it will be easier for episode 2

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
FYI, the HFT has traditionally frowned upon discussion of illegal activities such as downloading copyrighted TV shows and music (MP3's).

I was a bit underwhelmed with Smallville last year, but this premiere was successful not only in being a good episode, but in making me optimistic for the year. The creative forces involved continue to do their own thing while giving nuggets to those of us who've read the comics and seen the movies, even to the level of extending olive branches to those involved in the movies. We've had Margot Kidder, Christopher Reeve, and Terrence Stamp (Zod in the movies, Jor-El here).

I don't have Tivo, but I've given it the VCR-equivalent of a season pass.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Okay, I am a little late to the party here, but I just finished season 4 and the season 5 premiere. I got hooked on Smallville last year and have been enjoying every season. This is one show that has really just gotten better throughout and I love all the characters.

My first thought on the season 5 premiere is that I LOVED THAT THEY PLAYED THE NEW DEPECHE MODE SONG from their new album. That just totally made my day. It was even better that they used it in a scene with Lana and Clark.

Lex has been my favorite character since the beginning and I love that now we have a huge turning point in his and Clark's relationship. So many times I shout out " Don't lie to Lex, Clark. Just tell him." I keep thinking that Clark is the only thing keeping Lex from turning bad and in the last episode when Clark denied being in the caves was (IMO) the turning point where Lex goes bad. You could see it coming in other scenes, but I think Clark sealed it when he lied yet again about the caves.

Great writing, Great cast, Great music, Great effects....all around I am loving this show more and more and I am excited about tonight's ep.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Lucia,
we couldn't BE more on the same page! Your the first person i've come across here that enjoys every season without question...just like me. :emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I hear ya, I mean there are a lot of great shows on right now, but my love for Smallvile borders on obsession. Tom Welling IS Clark Kent and Superman (eventually) to me.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What, John? I'm the first one you met who liked all seasons without reservation! :D Or, are you holding me to the "well, I don't care that much for the witch stuff." :frowning: Believe me, I had no real problem with season four. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that was a reference to the people who were saying they downloaded the episode not the song.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Anyway, welcome aboard, Lucia. I was aware of Smallville from the day it premiered, but I was turned off by the "no flights/no tights" directive (I later came to believe that it was a benefit to the show) and from early reviews that said it was Dawson's Creek with superpowers. My mind was changed when I picked up a sci-fi magazine (I think it was Cinescape) in order to read about Attack of the Clones, and I also read an article about Smallville. I liked what I read, but I had missed too many episodes to be willing to jump on board at that point. The first "live" episode I watched was season 2's "Prodigal," and it was enough to convince me to pick up the DVD set, and it went on from there.

John*D

Second Unit
Season 5 just keeps getting better and better...

That fight between Clark and Lex was great. However, I wish Clark didn't say, "I'm different NOW..." That's just going to make Lex still believe he was Super at one time!

I can't wait for James (Prof. Fine ;) ) to come on board.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, we got Smallville meets Alias, and then Smallville meets the Shield, and then we got Smallville meets Smackdown, and the we got a hookup devoured by the Cold Play song. Eh, it could have been worse.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyable episode for me. It was nice to see Clark bounded by normal limits still being heroic. Had to use his brain for once:)
Got some human nookie too.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
I wish they could somehow kill off Lana..

Clark has WAY better chemistry with Chloe. Loved the confrontation with Lex.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps the writers intended for this episode to be the one that cements Clark as being a non-powered person in Lex's mind, once and for all, thus making Superman's appearance later in the future to push suspicion off of Clark. Also, the gap in their former friendship widens from this point on.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Enjoyed tonights ep.

I liked seeing Clark save the day as a human. It was a nice change from the superhero thing. I'm sure that now that he has got to experience the whole "normal" thing, he will very quickly be making his way to the fortress of solitude to beg daddy for his powers back. I can't imagine it sat well with him that his parents and Lana were in danger and he couldn't do something about it, atleast not in superhero time...lol.

I really like the music that Smallville has had since day one. I can't really say that about a lot of shows (Freaks and Geeks and Roswell are two I can think of that I liked as well). Have they released the soundtracks for Smallville?

Anyhoo, I had a great time watching and look forward to next week.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Was a fun episode. The confrontation between Clark and Lex was simply awesome. There's no more patch-ups after this like last year. The crap is all over that fan and blowing in the wind.

Was it just me, or was Allison Mack just gorgeous tonight? :b

Anyway, I also loved the bit about Chloe learning that Clark had told Pete. Nice touch there.

And now that Clark and Lana have progressed in their relationship perhaps a lot of the endless teasing can be put aside for some real character development.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Gotta agree there and of course Lois. Glad Clark finally got some, but Lana bores me. It was also nice to hear Pete mentioned. A lot of times when a character leaves a show they never refer to him again.

This show is finally starting to feel right to me. I loved the Fortress of Solitude from last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks