What's new

Smallville Season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I'll reserve judgement until I see more of the storyline. At this point, we really don't know anything.

If she's going to be on the show, I'd at least like to have her be part of the story...and not just act as a tacked on love interest.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
T-1000 Boy was pretty weak. I found it too funny that he tries to look like a badass, but Lana beats him with a spray can of mace and then at the end Lois finishes the job. What a loser! :laugh:

What the hell was up with Lionel getting stabbed? This scene felt like it was thrown in there to fill time, because it didn't fit in with anything else in the plot.

That aside, I really enjoyed tonight's episode. I loved the little touch of having Lois call Clark "Smallville". :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Clark Jr." Bwahahahahaha!

The whole T2 baddie and disposal was just lazy.

Lana's return and introduction to Lois was a furious one, and I liked how Lois knew immediately that something was between Clark and Lana.

I did like Clark getting all flustered by how much Lois gets under his collar.

It only took 2 episodes to get Chloe back. At least they didn't stretch out the Hunt for Chloe storyline.

Can't anyone shiv people to death in prison. Weak.

Just when you think Lex is obsessed about his Porsche hitting Clark through the bridge railings, his airplane simulation is going to get a lot of replay time as well.

Lois can kick some butt when called upon.

I think next week's title is hilarious: "Kryp/Tuck"

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Exactly what I was thinking.

The Lana stuff was a little meh, but at least it looks like they're both moving on. It was strange to see her come back to Smallville so soon.

I loved Michael Ironside as Sam Lane. In fact, I love everything Lane at this point. It's a shame that Lois isn't a main character...I'd love to see her on the show every week.

Glad to see Chloe back in the picture.

Overall a great episode.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
If this is what this season has to offer, then I saw. Tom Welling get the hell out while you can. I thought bringing Lois Lane to Smallville was a bad idea. And then to bring Lana back on top of it. Gee, with a story line to make her a mystic warrior goddess from the past. Or some other writers BS. Excuse me for a second while I pull my finger out of my throat.

This is going to turn into another WB tits and ass show. And for anyone who enjoyed the idea of a young Clark Kent before he came to Metropolis. You may as well go back to the comic books. Because this is just going to get worse.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Two episodes in and people are bashing it already. Unbelievable.
I thought the show was good tonight and I liked how Lois and Clark teamed up with the stun gun thingy and his heat vision to make the T2 guy explode.

Speak for yourself.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I dunno, but I just don't buy the actress that's Lois Lane.

She's not a bad looking girl, don't get me wrong, but Lana just looks so much better.

And her personality and the way Clark is annoyed by her, it just doesn't seem to work for me.

Tom Welling just doesn't seem to have a lot of chemistry with her either.

For the big screen version I think the Warners should really look at Rose Byrne.

Shane S.

Stunt Coordinator
Second show of the season just wasnt as good as the first but then I guess that is to be expected. Its like they give me enough of Lois and Lana to keep me looking at the screen mixed in with just enough of the overall story arc to keep the volume on. Seemed a little rushed...terminator junior had no real impact, nor did the shank in the shower.
I dropped out sometime last season when Lana was with the bruce wayne knockoff between that and the kryptonite Nawssss...Well heres to hoping this season is better.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hated that. Clark doesn't kill. Period. It's one of the basic foundations of the Superman character, and though Smallville has certainly had Clark be unable to prevent a bad guy from self-destructing before, this is different. Clark and Lois also seemed pretty nonchalant about taking someone's life at the end.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed the episode. When he just tossed the T-1000 wannabe and then started walking towards him with the "I'm gonna kick your ass all over the place" look it was great. As a rule you don't mess with Clarks friends.

It was nice to see the start of the Lana/Clark severence also. They both seem to understand they have moved on which makes me happy. I still wanted to the Talon to cave in and kill her and her new boyfriend at the end of the episode though. Not because I hate he charachter so much as because that scene sucked and the show should have ended with Clark deciding Lex was probably his enemy.

I think Lex was sending his Lionel a point, "I can get to you in here easier than you can get to me out there."

Overall I enjoyed the episode, this season seems like it'll be shaping up to be a pivotal season.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
"Why don't you tell us how you really feel Darrel". :)

OK, I will! :)

"I dunno, but I just don't buy the actress that's Lois Lane".

That because she can't act. Now, we have two women figures on the show in Clarks life that can't act. Lana and Lois.

If you want to get a idea of what to expect this year on Smallville. Just take a look at the scene after the T2 ( :rolleyes:) is splattered. And Clark walks out of the foundry with Chloe (the only girl who can act), Lana and Lois.

Maybe Smallville should have been renamed... "The Biggest Pussy Whipped SuperHero Hour".

Shaun

Second Unit
A good episode indeed, maybe not as good as the season opener but definitelly watchable. A couple of things though. What was up with the T-1000 villain? There was no explanation for him at all. Was he a "Krypto-Freak" for hire or something? After the rescue of Chloe and the confrontation with the T-1000, she is never seen again in the episode. Instead they go back to Lana and her new love interest in the Talon.:thumbsdown:

Next week's episode looks stupid, but any show with hot chicks kissing is alright in my book!

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I was glad to be rid of Lana, but I'm hoping this season whe won't be constantly moping over Clark, then they almost get together, then soemthing happens. That's really played out. Giving her a new boyfriend is a big step in the right direction.

BTW, what's with all the high-school students who can just move around the world at will? And if Lana isn't re-openign the Talon and isn't living with someone else, how is she going to support herself?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

The creator of the show has said in interviews that he knew the audience didnt like that and it wasnt working so now she has a new love interest. They did have to resolve that whole Clark/Lana thing though instead of just abandoning it.
No doubt that people will be complaining about Lana and her new boyfriend every week.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Just a question. I think I read that Lana's character would only be in a handful of episodes. With her back in Smallville, will she still stick around for more?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am in the minority about the T-1000 clone. Although, it is a cheesy knockoff. I like that he seemed to be either a Meta or part of a government(more likely) experiment. And in a nod to comic continuity. He mentions he was a prisoner at Belle Reve(sp?). Which is a prison that specifically holds Meta-criminals.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
These two eps, especially the second one show some of the same glaring inconsistencies and atrocious writing that permeated a good part of the previous seasons. There is absolutely no reason to believe at this point that it's gonna get any better. Black Kryptonite. "Chloe is still alive", did it ever occur to Lois how Clark knew? The T1000. The finding of Chloe, which no one seems to give a damn about after all. And Lana, Lana, more fucking Lana! :angry:

The MACRO story is great, has always been. But as they say, the devil is in the details... and boy, do the details suck. After watching 7 seasons of the superior writing from Joss Whedon, I find my tolerance for crap like this has very much dimunished.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks