What's new

Smallville season 10 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

Clark persona??? He already is Clark Kent, has been since the pilot.

Clark Kent is who he is, Superman is what he can do.
At the same time, it's disingenuous to say that Clark Kent isn't a performance. The glasses, the dress, the body language, the manner of speech are all intended to deflect attention from him. As Superman, he's free from all of those limitations. The final arc of the show has to be as much about developing the Clark Kent asthetic as it does about developing the Superman identity.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I disagree. Clark Kent and the Blur are not two seperate identities yet. The only reason the connection isn't obvious is because nobody's gotten a good luck at the Blur yet. By contrast, the future Clark in the high school reunion episode was a discrete personality. I thought Welling did a good job of giving two discrete performances in that episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Okay, what the hell just happened? I turned on the CW, and it's The Vampire Diaries. The programming guide on my TV even says it's "Smallville", but it's definitely "The Vampire Diaries". I just went on the CW website, and it shows "The Vampire Diaries" followed by "Nikita". Why all the ads for the return of "Smallville" if "Smallville's" not going to return?

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
No. The CW changed their mind and pushed the beginning of new episodes of Smallville (and Supernatural) to Feb. 4.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I swear, it's like this channel actively doesn't want me to watch its programming.

Instead of merging with the WB, CBS/Viacom should have just performed a mercy killing of UPN and bought a stake in the WB. Roughly 90 percent of the decisions Dawn Ostroff has made since the merger have been terrible. And the network's very evident desperation to be hip and cool for the Women 18-34 demographic is very off-putting.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm down to this one show, and maybe not even it if it continues to piss me off. Soon, I won't have any use for them at all (assuming they don't come out with a great, new show--which I do).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I like Nikita and Vampire Diaries... but I prefer Supernatural to both. What a bummer to wake up and find my DVR ended up with doubles of both.. grr! The whole thing was stupid.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was relived to discover that the CW decided to withhold them, I was watching a movie last night and afterward I checked my DVR expecting to see Smallville and Supernatural there but nope and I got pissed because I thought my box missed them.

So when I found out they never aired I breathed a sigh of relief, still sucks that they did that, though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
From what I've read, The CW was worried that Vampire Diaries and Nikita would get crushed by "American Idol", so they made the last minute decision to reair them on Friday and give the show's audiences another chance to catch them. Then they got the ratings in for Thursday night and "American Idol" didn't affect their numbers at all. But it was too late to undo the decision.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was kinda happy not to have Smallville back last night, to be honest. Between 30 Rock and Parks and Rec I didn't get to watch Thursday AND Young Justice and Clone Wars last night, I had enough on the Tivo. Besides, this should also mean one less repeat in the final stretch. And that's can't be a bad thing, now can it?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Good episode tonight. Normally the is-this-real-or-am-I-dreaming? episodes are pointless, but this one really drove home the theme that if Clark's going to become a beacon for the world, he's got to have faith in people no matter what. It helps ground the relentless optimism Superman's known for.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was so confused about the 5 year gap between Chloe's disappearance and re-appearance (then again, I can't remember if there was a time-jump of 5 years between last season and this season.

But boy howdy, wasn't it great to see Clark fly Lois around in Matrix-Metropolis?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks