What's new

Smallville season 10 (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Some tidbits... The season will start Sept.24th.

Now a couple of spoilers...

John Schneider (Pa Kent) will be appearing in 2 episodes..The season premiere (titled "Lazarus") and one other episode.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It was also announced that, after years of false starts, Chloe is finally making the leap to DC comics. She's going to have her first appearance in a Jimmy Olsen backup in Action 893 (I think). As I understand it, Lex Luthor is currently the star of Action (just throwing that out so you don't falsely assume you'll be getting a Superman book). I guess the fact that they are carrying over the idea that Chloe had a relationship with Jimmy means they are deaging her a bit.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Comic Con trailer:

I'm a little bit disappointed that they're using the Superman suit from Superman Returns, since I thought that was one of the weakest things about the movie. I would have liked to see the show do its own take on it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Somewhere there has got to be a better quality copy, because that off a cell phone is terrible. Watchable (barely) but you can't make out any of the dialogue really, though I got the point.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Gary Seven

I haven't watched the show for over a year, but I may tune in just to watch it finally get somewhere. BTW, has Clark flown yet?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's ridiculous that they are sticking to the old "no flights, no tights" rule after all of this time. Heroes was no great shakes, but it wasn't the flying men that were the problem. I don't know if audiences ten years ago would have balked at costumed people flying around, but it's no longer a problem. And, Smallville has certainly had its share of cheesy looking characters in tights in recent years. If Clark doesn't fly this year, I'm done (said knowing it's the last season).

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

It's ridiculous that they are sticking to the old "no flights, no tights" rule after all of this time. Heroes was no great shakes, but it wasn't the flying men that were the problem. I don't know if audiences ten years ago would have balked at costumed people flying around, but it's no longer a problem. And, Smallville has certainly had its share of cheesy looking characters in tights in recent years. If Clark doesn't fly this year, I'm done (said knowing it's the last season).

The "no flights, no tights" rule never did make sense. It should have been "he'll learn to fly, and he'll eventually wear the suit".

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The season premiere felt like vintage Smallville due in no small part to the welcome appearance of Jonathan Kent to offer some old-school reassuring words to our hero like he used to do.

What the hell got into Jor-El all of a sudden? Just when Clark is ready to embrace his destiny, Jor-El isn't ? Clark has never wanted adoration for his good deeds and I for one have no idea what Jor-El was talking about there.

If you'll please excuse my little hysterical tween moment... OMG OMG OMG THEY REVEALED THE SUIT!!!!! And it's the same shield used in Superman Returns but thankfully the cape is no longer leather and the red has been brightened up...I think I peed a little when they showed that.

Whoever that dude was he did a good job at doing Lex, for a second there I could almost see Michael Rosenbaum in there.

And I'm almost 100% sure that Clark will FINALLY take flight this year, he simply HAS TO!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The suit doesn't match at all. The shield is still the awful maroon color from the movie, but the cape, as John said, is a beautiful vibrant red fabric cape. I think they couldn't use the Superman Returns cape, because they'd already shown the more classic Superman cape in Clark's flash forward a few seasons back. I was really hoping they'd come up with their own take on the costume since I don't think any of the recent efforts have quite gotten it right. One of the things we've spent ten seasons building to is the reveal of Superman, and now we pretty much know how it's going to look since we've already seen Routh in that costume. Most unfortunately, they've kept the trunks from the Routh costume, with the very plastic-y belt and which ride way too low and look more like a man's speedo than anything else.

Otherwise, I quite liked it. It was nice to revisit the pilot episode with the corn field bit, and it's always nice to see Johnathan Kent back again.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It shows me that they should have kept Jonathan in the show. As usual, the impact of killing off an important character has faded, and we're left with no stories with that character. It was good to see him again.

I'm glad the Lex clone died. I was worried they were going to make him the new, main Lex. It's also good to have Lois in on the secret. She knows in the comics, so why not here? Let's just hope Clark doesn't forget-kiss her.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Someone clear something up for me: is real Lex (Rosenbaum Lex) really dead? I know what the clone said, blah blah blah. But I don't buy it. About 90% of me says yes, but 10% still thinks you don't have the final season of Smallville without bringing Superman's arch-enemy back for one more go around. Let's face it: Clone Lex and Clark wasn't exactly the battle to end all battles. I keep hearing conflicting things on whether Rosenbaum is going to come back or not. He says there are no plans, Welling says they're going to try everything they can to get him back. It would be a crying shame to have Lex go out like a punk instead of as the epic baddie he should be.

Otherwise, this really felt like a season finale and not a season premiere. Lots of characters ending in a lot of different places. One main story and a few ancillary things going on at the same exact time. No one's really in a good place at the end and a lot of forshadowing at what's to come. Oh, I laughed out loud when the smoke started to flow over the top of the building. I was like...the LOST smoke monster made its way to Metropolis??

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
One thing is keeping Rosenbaum from returning...hair.

He's stated that he doesn't want to shave his head again and that if they can do a convincing bald cap he would consider it. I've already resigned myself to the notion that he will not be returning and I'm okay with it, as much as I love Rosenbaum's Lex.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jason_V

Someone clear something up for me: is real Lex (Rosenbaum Lex) really dead? I know what the clone said, blah blah blah. But I don't buy it. About 90% of me says yes, but 10% still thinks you don't have the final season of Smallville without bringing Superman's arch-enemy back for one more go around. Let's face it: Clone Lex and Clark wasn't exactly the battle to end all battles. I keep hearing conflicting things on whether Rosenbaum is going to come back or not. He says there are no plans, Welling says they're going to try everything they can to get him back. It would be a crying shame to have Lex go out like a punk instead of as the epic baddie he should be.
If you remember the flash forward to 2013 in the season finale, Lois opens the Daily Planet to the front page to the headline "Lex Luthor Announces Run for Presidency" with Rosenbaum's photo underneath. Whether we see Rosenbaum in the flesh again by the end of the series, in this series real Lex is NOT dead.

As for this feeling like a season finale instead of a season premiere, that's always been the case with Smallville. They cram all of the big events into the season finale and then reset the game board in the season premiere. This episode was about setting the pieces into the configuration they desire for the season, as the premieres always are. The only thing that might make this different is that they now have an end point in sight; instead of saving shit to be parceled out toward an unknown horizon, they now know they have 22 episodes to get from last seasons finale to, essentially, Superman.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

If you remember the flash forward to 2013 in the season finale, Lois opens the Daily Planet to the front page to the headline "Lex Luthor Announces Run for Presidency" with Rosenbaum's photo underneath. Whether we see Rosenbaum in the flesh again by the end of the series, in this series real Lex is NOT dead.

It's possible I missed a detail somewhere-or completely misremember the flash forward-but I always felt for some reason it was a possible future and not absolutely what would happen.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I really don't feel that it's necessary to even have Lex return, we know that he's alive from that news headline about him running for president and so it's safe to simply assume that he and Clark will clash again...we just won't see it.

Besides I think this final season will be all about Clark reaching his destiny and fighting Darkseid.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

One thing is keeping Rosenbaum from returning...hair.

Then again, they could take a page out of Donner's Superman and simply show Lex with hair (albeit in wig form). They could easily explain away the situation with a line or two of dialog. I'm not saying I would like it. I didn't in the first Supes flick. But, it is an option and this a precedent for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks