What's new

Smallville - New Season (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I don't think they really have access to any green K. Also, they didn't know about the ring, although I'm sure they coudl have figured it out.

And I get the impression Jonathan's going to regret that deal he made.

Lex seems to have lost it and I'm with Lionel that Helen set him up. Don't seem to be many other possibilities.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The deal Jonathan made could set up his early exit from Clark's life (in the pre-Crisis storylines, Clark lost his parents in his late teens, and in the film, he loses Jonathan to a heart attack). So in this incarnation, Jonathan might die from having to corral Clark from his wayward ways.

The season opener seemed really dark in many scenes. At least Lana is sure of her feelings, and Chloe seems to acknowledge her position in the big picture. Chloe's deal with Lionel will continue to put her in moral quandaries.

How is Clark ever going to get through gym class with that big "scar" on his chest without raising people's curiosity?

Lex and his "Wilson" was a good twist at the end. Being betrayed so severely, and living through it has warped his mind, and damaged him psychologically. Helen is becoming less and less sympathetic of a character. Lionel is Lionel.

With Morgan Edge aware of Clark's powers, this should set up some storylines, but in the past, bad people who know of his secret wind up dead. :)

Was Pete in this episode?

I groaned as the "To Be Continued" graphic showed up.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Good premier. Off to a good start.

Watching them lose thier farm was a hard scene to watch.

I think the deal Jonathan make with Jor will end up costing him his life. If it does, nice twist on the Superman mythos.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Well, it was certainly an eye-opening episode. It looks like they're still running only 14Mbps for HD, but it looked a lot better than last season.

I've been reading the spoilers (I couldn't resist!), so I wasn't terribly surprised. I like Chloe even more, now that she says exactly what's on her mind, even if the other person doesn't want to hear it. Lana? Good god woman, suck it up. She's got to stop simpering and start kicking ass.

Regarding Jonathan:
Accoriding to the cast members, there's no indication of John Schneider leaving the show just yet. Plus, spoilers include Jonathan Kent alive at least through episode 3.6, so we won't be missing Bo anytime soon.

Did anyone else have their local affiliate run a contest where the first 15 callers won a 1st Season Set? They did it here in the DC area, but I wasn't quick enough.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Two days ago, my wife was complaining about how dissappointing all the season premieres of our shows have been, but after Smallville, she said, "Now that's more like it."

Really good start to the season, darker and very action packed.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Yes, it does which makes this resolution so frustrating. The kents corralled Clark the first time he wore the Red Kryptonite ring with Green Kryptonite (which is laying in abundance all over Smallville). And they knew about the ring this time since Pete would have told them. The only problem was finding him, but that apparently wasn't hard to do since Chloe 'accidentally' ran into him.

Smallville is becoming like "X-Files" in the sense that they go into their season finales with a great idea for a cliffhanger, but no good idea how to resolve it and then just weasel their way out of it.

How Clark's behavior is going to be explained away to both Chloe and Lana is beyond me. How they're going to explain away Morgan Edge knowing both Clark's idenity and powers is again, beyond me. And the fact that they're going to clean all of this up by the end of next week to get 'back to normal' is a stretch.

Oh well, I'll just let them play out their cliffhanger storyline and get back to normal which is where I want them to be anyway.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Edge knew "Kal" had powers, not "Clark." I'll admit I just had it on in the background (taped it to watch with my girlfriend this weekend).

From what I saw, I really liked it.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Justin, why don't you wait and watch after also taping next week's episode. Then you can see the 2-parter in one sitting. :D

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I don't think there is any indication that Edge knows that "KAL" came from Smallville and goes by the name of Clark Kent. He may, but ther has been nothing to show that yet, so we can assume he doesn't know his real name for now.

As for knowing his face, well, that's really a problem for the whole "Superman" thing isn't it? So as long as Clark wears glasses, Edge won't know he was KAL. ;) Seems funny, yes, but that's how Superman has always been, so you kinda just have to buy that.

I love the show, and I've always thought Superman was a cool hero, but it has also has always been fun to joke about the whole secret identity disguise of this particular character. You just have to accept it.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Great show. I enjoyed it a lot.

Something doesnt sit right though. Jor El wanted Kal El to take over the planet last season but this season he wants to help Jonathon?

I havent read anything that John Schneider was leaving so I dont see that coming anytime soon.

I did like tht twist at the end though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was hooked from the awesome opening reveal over the Daily Planet globe on. The writing was some of the show's most solid since "Rosetta." A huge improvement over last season's all over the place finale. The ending was just cruel though.
Something doesnt sit right though. Jor El wanted Kal El to take over the planet last season but this season he wants to help Jonathon?
From what Jor-El said, the whole thing was just a test for Kal-El, the first of many. Apparently he passed, and now there's a waiting period before the next one. It's convient for Jor-El to have Clark where he knows where he is, which is why he gave Johnathan the power to go after Clark.
It also clears up the discrepency between the message which Dr. Swann gave Clark and the one the spaceship gave him.
My guess is that Jor-El is testing Clark's demeanor to make sure he is suitable to take on the full responsibility of what his future entails.
And "Pheonix" is supposed to be the highlight of the series can't wait.

(P.S. did anyone else get goosebumps when Clark's in the phone booth with the S shield glowing in red on his chest?)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Not with flying colors. Sure, he didn't obey his father and try and rule the world showing independent thinking and a strong desire to be good, but avoiding him by going off to the city and committing mucho crime sprees ain't a step in the right direction either.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I've been waiting like most for the first show of the new season.

I think the scar is only a warning to Clark by his father. When his emotions get up. He feels the burn. His only relief from the pain is to remove the ring. I think the mark will disappear once Clark understands his place on Earth.

I didn't like the way they left the show with Clark and Jonathan jumping out the window and then showing us next week with them on the ground and Clark about to punch out Jonathan. Too much forward information to end the first show IMO.

I also think the Kents will have the farm back somehow. Either Lexs' dad bought the farm and Lex will return it. Or Lex will make an offer to whoever bought it "that they can't refuse". The show will try and return back to its origan. Just with a lot more issues to work out throughout the season.

I'd also be surprise if the Crime-Boss lives to tell anyone about Clark. Those who know about Clark usually die!

Good start to a new season though.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Anyoen else on SDTV notice the weirdness with the AR? They showed the previously segment and the preview in widescreen, then then the actual episode in full.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
So what's the deal with Jor-El? Didn't he die in Krypton? At first I thought his voice coming from the ship or the cave was just a recording (like in the movie) but he's able to answer questions and plan things. How does that work?

Is it like that in the comics?

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
Andres,

I do have a strong feeling about your question, the answer might be a huge spoiler though. I don't remember where I heard this theory so it might actually be a spoiler or it could be speculation that makes sense to me...either way I would suggest reading it at your own risk.

We have no real reason to trust that this is really Jor-El. Actually, the fact that the wrong symbol is etched into clarks chest suggests otherwise (figure 8 not an S). The rumor or potential spoiler is that the person we are dealing with might actually be Brainiac instead of Jor-El. That tracks for me because of the beam of energy, the desire to control clark, and to concor the world seems very brainiac-ish to me. I can't wait to see it develope and find out what the deal is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks