What's new

Smallville for sale, CHEAP! (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
As the Holiday Shopping Season gets under way stores are bringing on Bargains to get shoppers to come to their stores. :) TARGET is selling the first three seasons of SMALLVILLE for $14.99 each! Some of these Specials go fast, so you might want to "Git em while the Gittins Good!":cool:

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Are the first few seasons even worth that small amount? They must not be selling at all :).

Mary_P

Second Unit
Got that beat -- Wal-Mart's got the first *four* seasons of "Smallville" for $14.88 each, as well as the following:

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Four S1
The Mind of the Married Man S1
Robot Chicken S1
One Tree Hill S1-2
Gilmore Girls S1-3
Friends S1-3
Oz S1

Sale flyer dated 11/12-19

Admins, should this be moved to Coupons and Bargains?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Smallville is one of the best series on modern TV, and they're selling for $15 a season?? While that's great for fans of the show, why doesn't the studio have more confidence in selling them for $40 as usual? Have sales been that poor in the past?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, Friends is easily Warner's biggest sitcom seller and they're selling those for $14 as well. I think shows like Smallville, Friends and Gilmore have sold so much that they figure they can take a chance on selling copies even cheaper and appealing to those who either haven't seen the show before and wanted to check them blindly (well, at least Gilmore and Smallville, I mean, I am a huge Veronica Mars fan now but didn't bother with the show until it was on sale for 19.99) or like the shows but don't wanna spend $40 on them. I mean, I have never watched Smallville before but I might blindly get all 4 seasons at this price, but one set at $40? Hell to the no!!!! There's other things I'd rather get then.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
just my luck! I bought seasons 2-5 at Amazon for around $30 a month ago. For those who want to get Veronica Mars season 2 cheap, its going for $30 at many retailers and online in some spots

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
Smallville is an excellent show and definately worth buying at that price. I blind bought the first four seasons, never paying more than $25 each, and I was surprised at how good the show is. The show features an interesting interpretation of the Superman mythology and Michael Rosenbaum and John Schneider give the best performances byfar on the series.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't think this should be interpreted as Smallville having poor sales by any means. It's just that these boxes are ancient by DVD standards. Season one has been on the market since 2003. The core audience has purchased, most of the curious have purchased, and now they're going after whoever might be left.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Stores put items on sale for two reasons. The first of these is to attract customers. (On "Black Friday" many of the "Doorbuster" Items that they Advertise are often "Loss Leaders", Items that are sold below cost.) The stores figure while you are in the store you will also purchase other items at regular price, and that's where they will make their profit. ;) As many of you have mentioned, Many of these episodes have been on the slelves for quite some time. With Shopping about to kick into high gear, so to speak, many new items are about to be introduced to the market. These new items have to go somewhere, so by placing these items on sale the store is making room for the new items to go. It's "Out with the old, In with the new!" :laugh:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was at Wal Mart bright and early at 10 am Sunday and they didn't have a single Smallville set on the shelf. Not a one. I was very disappointed. Maybe I'll stop in again on the way home tonight.

Mary_P

Second Unit
Jason, the problem may be that they ran exactly the same sale last week. (I still have both of the flyers, and double-checked the dates.) By the time I got to the store late on Saturday, I expected it to be pretty picked over, and most of the advertised titles were gone. There were a few copies of S3 & S4 of "Smallville" and one copy of "Oz." None of them had shelf-talkers showing the $14.88 price, though two empty spaces for S1 & 2 of "Smallville" did. I didn't see any "Gilmore" or "Friends" at all. "Oz" did ring through at the sale price.

If you're going into the store looking for something specific and it's not on the shelf, you might try to find someone working the department to ask. If they knew they were going to run this sale for two weeks, they may have stock in the back that they just haven't put out yet. It might be difficult to find someone who can or will check for you, but you might get lucky. :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks Mary. I didn't realize they did the sale last week too. I got the flyer on Friday night and made a metal note to get there first thing Sunday.

I really miss getting Wal Mart fliers in the mail every week...

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Thanks for the info Mary P. I got a copy of Season 4 for $9.89 at a local "Wally Mart" (I had a Discount Card courtisy of a local Auto Dealer. :) )

SAMS CLUB is selling all nine seasons of LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE for $24.99 each. ;)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
GUYS, this topic belongs in the Discounts and Bargains forum. Oh, and we also have Gilmore Girls Seasons 1-3 on sale for $14.88 as well.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I liked Michael Landon, but only on BONANZA. I never cared for Little House on the Prarie or Highway to Heaven. Besides, $24.99 a season isn't that cheap compared to Smallville.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Wish I could get my hands on the HD-DVD version of Smallville Season 5 for that price :)....It's going for around $50 with some amazon discounts.

I already own Seasons 1-4.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Mary_P, thanks so much! I've been delaying getting Smallville over and over again for months. When I saw your post a few days ago, I went right over to WalMart and there were the first four seasons on a stand right in the front part of the store. I'll start watching these after I finish Lois and Clark S4. $14.88 per season, the best deal I've ever seen on TV dvd sets! You ROCK girl!

GordonL

Supporting Actor
I paid $11.37 each. :D

Took the Walmart ad to Circuit Ciy and they matched it + 10% of the difference.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Lucky sonofagun! That was pretty damn slick! Wish I could do that here, but my local CC has become sorta hit and miss on dvds this last year. They may or may not have what you want, even if it's a new release. And they don't have the best selection of TV dvd sets, they may have some of a series, but not always all seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks