What's new

Directors Smallest Crowd you saw at a movie theater. (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I was the only person in the theater when I went to see Snow Day. It was very embarassing, just to see the movie alone, but I just had to see it because Chevy Chase was in it.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
There's been many times where I've been the only one in the theater. Usually it's a matinee while normal people are working normal hours. :D
The first time I saw Mulholland Drive, Memento and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon off the top of my head...

James M

Stunt Coordinator
I remember seeing From Hell late in its theatrical run, and there was only 2 other people in the theater. and they came in late to the movie, I think i'd be cool to be the only person/people in the theater and I think that was the closest ive came :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've been alone a few times during matinee hours...but once a friend and I were the only people at a showing of the Matrix. This was about a week after it opened, during the afternoon...so I it was a little weird.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
When I saw the French film "Time Out", there were 2 other people in the theatre. Halfway through, the film broke and we had to wait for them to splice it together. :rolleyes

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I went to see Poltergeist 3 and Living Out Loud. For both films, I and my party were the only ones in the theater. On Living Out Loud, they stopped the film on the second reel, and we had to remind them we were there.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
When my wife and kids and I went to see Atlantis, we were the only ones in the theater and it was the opening weekend first show! 4 people in a theater....how great is that.
When I took my 2 boys to see Toy Story 2 on opening day, we had the place to ourselves too. It was the matinee though because I took a 1/2 day off work and went early.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Krippendorf's Tribe: Me, my mom, and her friend.

Even with Lily Tomlin and Tom Poston in it I didn't like the film that much.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
That would be 0. I went into the movie Driven just to watch some of it before my other movie started and there was nobody in it.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I was the only one in the theater for:
Coyote Ugly
Fire Birds
The Game
Meet the Deedles
Mutant Aliens
Scream 2
Shiloh
You Can Count on Me

larry mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
larry mac
1967. I was 16. Worked as an usher at General Cinema Corporation, Big Town Mall in Mesquite, TX. $0.75 an hour.

On Saturday mornings I would pop about two dozen large trash bags of popcorn in a little room behind the screen. The manager would get mad at me 'cause I used too much coconut oil and yellow seasoning salt. Hey, the yellow is the best part- right? The patrons must have gone nuts from the great smell. Of course it was kind of a rip-off, selling old popcorn all week.

Anyway, we played A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS for three weeks (Sir Thomas Moore & King Henry VIII). It was a little slow and pompous but a beautiful film. The last week hardly anyone came, and if you don't already know such things, this was before multi screens - there was only one movie playing! I got to know that movie pretty well.

One night it was just me and the assistant manager; a 19 year old who thought he was top shit. He made me stand at the front podium (where you take tickets) all night, waiting for patrons to show up. One couple did. Even though they were the only ones in the whole place (and it was pretty big), he made me walk up and down the isles every 30 minutes. I really hated that guy.

The next week he told me to get a haircut or else and when I came to work next without getting one he fired me. I guess I did it on purpose 'cause I was glad.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I was the only one in the theater at the showings of Real Women Have Curves and All the Real Girls that I went to.
After many instances of people talking during the movie and doing other things to ruin the experience, I've come to fear large crowds at the movies. But being completely alone in the theater can also be pretty depressing at times. My ideal crowd for a movie is a crowd that's neither too large nor too small and respects everyone else in the theater.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The Cat in The Hat. Me, myself, and I were in attendance at a 1:00 Tuesday screening the first week. When I went, it looked like people had tried to vandalize the poster in the front of the theatre (but not any of the other ones).

A truly reprehensible motion picture on every level.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I can't remember what movie it was but a couple of months ago my g/f and I went and we were the only one that showed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks