What's new

Directors Smallest Crowd you saw at a movie theater. (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Me and one other person at a showing of "Cabaret" when they brought it back a few years later.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Just Visiting - We were 3 Including me (And I liked it too... Almost bought the DVD)

Josie And The Pussycats had very few people too... Less than 20 I'd say... And I liked it a lot and bought the DVD!

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I've been to several movies where I was the only one in the audience. For some movies (comedy mostly) a crowd is good...but the rest, I'll take being in there by myself any day.
I recall a few just from last year: Hannibal, Mulholland Drive and Sidewalks of New York; all empty besides little ol' me. :emoji_thumbsup:

RobR

Second Unit
Mission to Mars. One of the worst movies I've seen. It was on a weekday and there were just three of us: me, my wife, and a friend. We had the theater to ourselves.

I wonder if they still roll the film if nobody is present.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Including myself one. Forrest Gump and The Hunt for Red October. Both movies were seen almost 8 months after their first release.

Ash Williams

Second Unit
One, myself. It was an 11:00 P.M showing of A.I. Artificial Intelligence. That was the first time it ever happened to me, it was cool.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Me and my shadow watching Major League ?. fire alarm went off ... I got a free pass ... went and saw a DIFFERENT movie:)
Brent

Tommy G

Screenwriter
When my wife and kids and I went to see Atlantis, we were the only ones in the theater:eek: and it was the opening weekend first show! 4 people in a theater....how great is that.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
U-571. I was the lone person in the place and it must have been able to seat 300.

Aaron Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
1: I went to see Jurassic Park a year+ after it had opened, at a local megaplex that must have needed a movie to fill a screen so they brought that back, and I was the only one there.

Aaron

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
The recent (well, a couple years ago) re-release of Wizard of Oz. Sadly, there were only 4 of us in the theater. I figured the showing would have at least a few families.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
5 people at Ocean's 11 in January and there were 5 at today's showing of The Royal Tenenbaums.

Dave Zemens

Auditioning
In 1992 the film "Hoffa" was filmed, in part, in Detroit. Myself and several friends were extras who were part of the several street scenes that were filled at Detroit's Eastern Market area.

When my wife and I went to see the film (a weekeday, 11:30am showing at a large mall), we were the *only* two people in the theater.

It was great.

Now, we enjoy the same benefits of that experience with our own home theater!

Dave Zemens

Rochester, Michigan

John Randolph

Stunt Coordinator
I went to see John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars, and there were only 2 other people in the theater (and it was opening weekend).

Ryan T

Second Unit
My friend and I went to see battle field earth. We where the only people there. I wonder why.

Ryan

ace peterson

Second Unit
Smallest crowd I've seen: 2. That's counting myself. That was a matinee showing of Lord of the Rings several weeks after it was released. The other person was a lady. I couldn't tell if she was hot or not, or maybe... (j/k)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks