What's new

Smaller Direct View TV's (Tosh vs. Samsung) (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
I have a friend who is trying to evaluate his TV options. Originally he wanted something in the 30-34" range, but looking at the prices on those it is not feasible for him at this time.

He's looking for a set that will be a worthwhile long-term purchase. I've mentioned that in that case he's looking for HDMI connectors, widescreen, HDTV, etc.

The two main contenders I see are the Samsung TX-P2670WH and the Toshiba 26HF84. They are both 26" widescreen tubes and seem to have very similar specs.

Does anyone have experience with these or similar sets? Is one better than the other in terms of longevity, picture, overall quality, or features?

Which of these sets is better? Is there another option that I haven't seen?

I know the ultimate answer is to go look at them both, and I plan to, just trying to get some ideas here.

Thanks,

Gary_E

Second Unit
Jeff,

I have the Samsung Model #: TXP2675WHX and love it. Great little TV for a bedroom. Bought it at Circuit City for $711.00 incl tax & $149.00 for a 5 year extended warranty.

Very pleased with this TV.

Regards,
-Gary

I bought the Toshiba 26HF84 @ FutureShop for $599cdn+tax. Im very pleased with the product and I would recommend it to a friend.

Mark

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I purchased THIS SAMSUNG 26" TV at Sears for $539.99 on Black Friday last year (with one-year/no-finance charge) and still smile everytime I turn the set on.

It is my main set and I think the PQ is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks