What's new

Small speaker Recommendations ???? **Not Bose** (1 Viewer)

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
My parents just remolded their house and I convinced them to have the family room wired for HT. Dad has very strict requirement (wife enforced) for speakers. 1) Wall mounted 2) White 3) Very small. They have Bose in other rooms for background so that is the reference point where she is coming from. My Dad wants a better speaker for HT.

I suggested Anthony Gallo Acoustics and RBH. My experience with this type of speaker is limited and I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
If you want the best, try these . They're almost white, can be wall mounted, and are "smallish" two-ways. At $4800/pr, they're not cheap... but it doesn't get any better than this...

:D :D :D

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
If they're not too large, check out the JBL S36II's. They come in white and will give a wonderful bang: buck ratio.

gregD

Second Unit
Of the small white ones I've heard...

Highest marks go to Monitor Audio and Canton.

I've auditioned the Gallo's for music, hooked up to NAD electronics, and found them to sound great... except for the sub (loose, flabby)... if decor is a serious consideration, the Micro's or Due's perform well... just get some other make of subwoofer.

BTW, don't expect to find white subs anywhere... you'll be hiding it behind the couch anyway.

Other manufacturers (which I've not heard) with white sat/sub systems worth checking out: Mirage, M&K. NHT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks