What's new

"Small" RPTV in an entertainment center? (1 Viewer)

Joe*C

Grip
A friend of mine is interested in the Toshiba 46H83, which is on sale for about $1000. She told me that she plans to put it in an entertainment center. I know this is a tabletop model, but are there any kind of issues with sticking it in an entertainment center? Do RPTV's need an open back to breath? Any thoughts/comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
I have no problems with my Toshiba floorstanding model in a entertainment center. Nor has my parents with a 48 inch mitsu in a fully enclosed custom entertainment center. I would probably have some space between the back and the wall or rear of the entertainment center, so the TV can get some air and for easy access to the connections in the backm, and to prevent damaging the tv by having the connectors on the inputs jammed against the wall.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I would also say it is a non-issue. I have seen many many RPTV's incorporated into entertainment centers. Most people I know seem to actually do it this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks