What's new

Sleepy Hollow Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
I'm enjoying the show for now and find it fairly well done in terms of establishing origins and backstory. It picks up more than several themes from the Johnny Depp version of Sleepy Hollow for sure and that is a good thing for me since I really liked that movie.

The season premiere did feel rushed and like it needed a good 2 hours to go from past to present and set everything up. But overall, I like it enough to see what they do with it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This show seems like it's taking a road quite similar to the later seasons of "Supernatural." Trying to prevent the apocalypse while battling the four horsemen and various monsters/creatures. Rather than two brothers, we have the team of Crane and Lt. Mills.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
SH is the first of the new shows renewed for a second season. The first season will remain only 13 episodes, as originally planned.

But now there should be at least 13 more.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
David Weicker said:
Thirteen this season, but no back nine? That is odd for for a regular season show
The networks are trying out more shorter series (like last spring's "The Following") to try and complete with cable which runs most of their shows in 10-13 episode seasons.

The upside may be more weeks of original programming with fewer reruns since they can run a series for 13 continuous weeks in the fall, then run a different series for 13 weeks in the spring.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
David Weicker said:
Thirteen this season, but no back nine? That is odd for for a regular season show
I'm in favor of it if it means avoiding situations like the second half of the first season of 24.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Malcolm R said:
SH is the first of the new shows renewed for a second season. The first season will remain only 13 episodes, as originally planned.

But now there should be at least 13 more.
Good to hear. I thought this show would be better with a shorter season, with less filler.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
Good to hear. I thought this show would be better with a shorter season, with less filler.
I agree. This news makes it much more likely that I'll stick with the show, knowing that I'm not committed through May.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
An annual Halloween Fall show with 13 episodes would be great. I like the concept if every year they open the Fall with 13 new shows, as it's perfect for that time of year. I still think it's better than I initially thought which surprised me. Doing a short run like that every year, like some other Summer shows would be the best and most enjoyable.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I believe the upcoming Dracula series with Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is another limited-length season with only 10 episodes.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
We thought the second episode was weak, as the 'mystery' was laid out well in advance of the characters figuring it out. It's never fun when the viewer is steps ahead of the people trying to solve the case.The third episode was much better, with things dove tailing with the back story.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight I found where the shot of the real Sleepy Hollow from the credits sequence was taken on Bing Maps:
realSleepyHollow.jpg

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The reveal of the Horseman's origins was a bit of a surprise, but I can't help feeling the motivation is on the half-baked / pedestrian side, especially when we only have one episode of flashbacks to find out about the precipitating events and the Horseman's previous identity. There's not much emotional heft to that cruel twist of fate they are presenting, even though on paper it's a great concept. I guess that's the down side of only having 13 episodes to tell the tale.

Even though I've been following the series and find it entertaining, I don't feel too compelled to add this one to my collection when it comes out on disc.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Best episode yet, with a genuinely creepy monster.Very happy to see Amandla Stenberg turn up as Irving's daughter. She gave one of my favorite performances in the first Hunger Games movie. Given that they cast a child actress with big-screen experience, I'm guessing there's more to her character than just being Irving's daughter. It wouldn't surprise me if Ichabod's son survived, and she's his distant descendant. There are no coincidences in this town.I thought they did a good job of finding a colonial era house that could pass for the Northeast, too.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I really wish more networks would switch to this BBC-esque (CBC also) 13 episode season, so you have a fall, spring and summer season, new shows.. it prevents a show from getting burned out and it's easier to script a solid run it seems

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
So happy to have John Noble back on my TV screen on a semi-regular basis.The mythology of this show is rather flimsy, but the dynamic between Ichabod Crane and Abbie Mills is spot on and I love the way they weave bits from Washington Irving's short story in with completely different contexts.I don't think we're done with Ichabod's son, and I still think Captain Irving's daughter has a role to play in the mythology. I'm wondering what the deal with the priest is.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Those were some pretty damn creepy demonic possession effects in tonight's episode. The contact lenses they used for the eyes in particular were freaky.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Tonight's was a good episode. The demonic flying was pretty darn good as well.Shocked these are the first comments since my "Shame connection".Apparently not much cross patronage of Shame and Sleepy Hollow....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks