1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep timer

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Canadianguy1, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Canadianguy1

Canadianguy1 Member

I was wondering if there was a way for all my components to turn off on one timer I have a Panasonic Panasonic SC-HT95 HTiB, Sony Bravia 30" and a standard converter box Thank you Dan

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    You could try different macros in a universal remote where step one was a delay of XX minutes and step two sends the power off commands for your components. You don't want a solution that will actually cut the power to the components.

3. Canadianguy1

Canadianguy1 Member

Thanks Adam I never had any luck with universal remotes, i just want all units to turn off, i know it can be done by setting each component i just wanted one to override the reat

4. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave
    Before you give up on universal remotes check out Logitech Harmony brand. These are very popular around here. I have had one for years and would recommend nothing else (I tried an One For All and it was okay, but not like the Harmony).

5. Canadianguy1

Canadianguy1 Member

Thanks David I will try the harmony, i see they have an advanced model, does it matter which model or are they all good Dan

6. David Willow

Supporter

Dave
    They all perform the same. Its more about layout and features.

7. Canadianguy1

Canadianguy1 Member

Thanks David I am looking at prices now Dan

8. David Willow

Supporter

Dave
    The two compared in that review are the top of the line remotes. Harmony has less expensive models as well. I have an older 680 that I paid about $70 for a few years ago. While I'd like to have a one of those in the review, my 680 performs just fine so I haven't been tempted (so far :D ).

9. Canadianguy1

Canadianguy1 Member

Wow that is quite the remote, maybe overkill, i found a Logitech for 30 no screen display

10. Canadianguy1

Canadianguy1 Member

I just remembered i had a universal before and i had a problem, i use cable provider box and remote control to search channels , this could be a problem with the harmony

11. Canadianguy1

Canadianguy1 Member

Hi David I bought the Harmony 300 and it is working good, there is a tv guide button :) i can't seem to find if the 300 has a timer capability or do i have to upgrade to a better model ?