What's new

Sitcoms with 2 or more full seasons that are not on DVD (1 Viewer)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
It's surprising nothing has been done regarding Topper, especially when you consider the fact that the one of the show's writers was none other than Stephen Sondheim! Aside from the two PD discs from Alpha Video, nothing else has come out. Someone must know who owns the series. Perhaps it is a rights issue that's preventing the 78 filmed shows from being remastered and released- who controls the Thorne Smith estate?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Charles Ellis
It's surprising nothing has been done regarding Topper, especially when you consider the fact that the one of the show's writers was none other than Stephen Sondheim! Aside from the two PD discs from Alpha Video, nothing else has come out. Someone must know who owns the series. Perhaps it is a rights issue that's preventing the 78 filmed shows from being remastered and released- who controls the Thorne Smith estate?

The series is actually owned by an advertising agency, although the name eludes me at the moment and I don't have my paperwork handy right now to look it up. A few years ago, when all of the independents were dying for properties to release, I believe the agency was contacted about it but since they are not really in that business, they were afraid to get involved in a deal as they didn't have anyone there who knew for sure that they owned the show, even though LOC lists them as the copyright holder! And, if I recall correctly, they didn't have the full run of 78 shows. I think they were missing around 10 or so.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Came across this thread and saw To Rome With Love listed and it reminded me of something I've noticed before in a few filmographies. There seems to have been a My Three Sons crossover in one episode of this show.

Does anyone remember it? Wondering what the gist of it was. I've seen an episode or two of this show, but I've never tracked down this particular episode.

wizard55

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
I just discovered "Doctor, Doctor" (1989 - 91) via some network promos. It looks like it was pretty funny. And isn't Yes, Dear all out now on DVD?I'm still waiting for the 2nd and Final season of Whitney...just to complete it. :(Update: And Youtube wins again. Sweet! only this and one other on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks