What's new

Sirius uses AK47 promo day after Omaha AK47 shooting (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I was a bit shocked when the day after one of the worst shootings in Nebraska history, Sirius Satalite radio runs a promo on their Lithium channel, with Samuel L Jackson in his Pulp Fiction role, bragging about killing every last motherfu&%er with a AK47.

Is it me or is that a bit insensitive.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The latest reports say the shooter was a convicted felon (drug charges) and that his parents had kicked him out of the house. The weapon was stolen from his step-father. Didn't the parents change the locks on the house after they kicked him out? :confused:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Heck AIM just posted a sale on Romanian mags yesterday. http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/R..._Magazine.html

The AK is the most common rifle of its sort in the world. It's a good example of a crude but reliable design. Every day people get shot up by them: Palestinians killing Israelis, Sunnis killing Shias, Pakis killing Indians, Huks killing other Filipinos - the list is sadly endless. One day is pretty much the same as another.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

I just think it was in bad taste to use this promo glorifying the AK47 less than 24 hours after this massacre.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
The national flags and/or heraldry of Mozambique, East Timor and Zimbabwe all show the AK-47s. Those tasteless bastards.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
More than likely, the people behind the promos didn't know about the shooting. Had I not turned on the TV for a quick minute last night before going to bed, I wouldn't have heard about it till this morning.

And at the risk of sounding insensitive, this thing hasn't exactly stopped the nation or dominated the news, at leaast the ones I read/watch/listen to. It's a headline among many others.

And now at the risk of souding even more insensitive, this sort of stuff is fast becoming routine...

An unfortunate coincidence.

--
H

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Thus the confusion in the media over whether this was an AK47 (with a semi automatic mechanism) or an SKS semiautomatic carbine.

How does someone smuggle a rifle (ok, a carbine) into a shopping mall anyway?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
"Of all the weapons in the vast soviet arsenal, nothing was more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova model of 1947. More commonly known as the AK-47, or Kalashnikov. It's the world's most popular assault rifle. A weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple 9 pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood. It doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It'll shoot whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy, even a child can use it; and they do. The Soviets put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure, no one was lining up to buy their cars."

--
H

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't aware that malls had the kind of tight security that would prompt this question :)

Seriously, it's a mall, people walk in an out of there with boxes of stuff all the time, that's kind of point... It's a 3 ft long object, not a nuclear submarine ;)

--
H

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Clearly you've never encountered the Mall Ninja, who comes under automatic weapon fire almost daily in his highly dangerous line of work (when he isn't keeping the mayor's nephew from being gang-raped in the cafeteria restroom).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks