1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sirius payment plans

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Rob_BG, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Rob_BG

Rob_BG Member

New to the forum and need some opinions. I'm getting Sirius next month and I noticed they have the 'pay $500 and never receive another bill again' offer. Its tempting but also risky. I'm mainly getting Sirius b/c it offers the NFL and SEC football games. Has anyone done the $500 dollar plan?

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Rob,

If you are getting Sirius for sports, I won't
    argue your decision for paying that kind of $$$.

If you are getting Sirius for music I urge you to
    sample the service for a few days before giving them
    any money.

3. Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson Well-Known Member

Al
    Rob, I was tempted by the $500 lifetime plan too. I wound up not going with it. But later I *heard* that lifetime means lifetime of your receiver. I have never confirmed this; but it would be worth asking about before you commit.

4. Rob_BG

Rob_BG Member

I did a little more research and you're right. It's for the life of the receiver not my account, ends up its a terrible deal. what's that they say about 'if it sounds too good to be true . . . ?

Oh well worth a shot.

5. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

The year plan works out pretty well (IMHO). It's what I've went with and enjoy greatly [​IMG]

6. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Well-Known Member

I opted for the $500 plan. I figure that it's three and a half years of service before I hit the break even point. If my tuner doesn't last at least that long then I'll be rather surprised.

Also, the price for subscribing a second (or third or fourth) receiver is $6.99, so if I did have to buy and subscribe a new receiver I could pay that reduced price instead of the full $12.99 since Sirius would still consider the original tuner to be fully subscribed. That's $6 per month saved because of the lifetime subscription over just retiring one receiver and starting a new one with a single subscription.

Brad