What's new

Sirius payment plans (1 Viewer)

Rob_BG

Auditioning
New to the forum and need some opinions. I'm getting Sirius next month and I noticed they have the 'pay $500 and never receive another bill again' offer. Its tempting but also risky. I'm mainly getting Sirius b/c it offers the NFL and SEC football games. Has anyone done the $500 dollar plan?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Rob,

If you are getting Sirius for sports, I won't
argue your decision for paying that kind of $$$.

If you are getting Sirius for music I urge you to
sample the service for a few days before giving them
any money.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Rob, I was tempted by the $500 lifetime plan too. I wound up not going with it. But later I *heard* that lifetime means lifetime of your receiver. I have never confirmed this; but it would be worth asking about before you commit.

Rob_BG

Auditioning
I did a little more research and you're right. It's for the life of the receiver not my account, ends up its a terrible deal. what's that they say about 'if it sounds too good to be true . . . ?

Oh well worth a shot.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The year plan works out pretty well (IMHO). It's what I've went with and enjoy greatly :)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I opted for the $500 plan. I figure that it's three and a half years of service before I hit the break even point. If my tuner doesn't last at least that long then I'll be rather surprised.

Also, the price for subscribing a second (or third or fourth) receiver is $6.99, so if I did have to buy and subscribe a new receiver I could pay that reduced price instead of the full $12.99 since Sirius would still consider the original tuner to be fully subscribed. That's $6 per month saved because of the lifetime subscription over just retiring one receiver and starting a new one with a single subscription.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks