1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

SIRIUS Major Lineup Change

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Chris, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Sirius Premiers 7 new channels with lineup changes across the board July 7.

New Channels

They are:

SIRIUS NFL Radio // 123 - Relentless coverage for fans who eat, sleep and drink all-things-NFL, featuring expert commentary, game analysis and key weekly match-ups.

Elvis Radio // 13 - The official radio station of Graceland. From the early years to his comeback, its all about The King Of Rock And Roll.

Underground Garage // 25 - The coolest rock ’n’ roll records ever made. We don’t care if they’re 50 years old or 50 minutes old. Produced by Little Steven.

Boombox // 61 - A mix of party break beats and Old Skool from artists like Fatboy Slim, De la Soul, The Chemical Brothers and A Tribe Called Quest.

Area 63 // 63 - Trance and Progressive House dance music from artists like Paul Van Dyke, Paul Oakenfold, DJ Tiesto and Basement Jaxx.

Vacation // 97 - A mix of Tropical, Calypso, Reggae, Hawaiian and other music you'd hear on an island vacation.

Maxim Radio // 145 - Coming this fall... the best thing to happen to men - since women. A whole load o’ fun with girls, sports, music, movies, jokes, gear and gadgets.

Hispanic Talk // 163 - Spanish-language talk, information and entertainment for America's Spanish-speaking community.

SIRIUS Patriot // 141 - Traditional American values programming and other prominent conservative voices.

Air America // 144 - News and talk from leading progressives like Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo.

Say Goodbye to:

Planet Dance 125 (replaced as above)
    The Weather Channel (National) 109 (replaced with only regionals)
    Radio Deportivo 128 (Replaced with Hispanic talk)
    Sports Play-by-Play 3 126 (replaced with NFL)

Moving:

Sports Play-by-Play 1 125 124
    Sports Play-by-Play 2 126 125
    SIRIUS Trucking 138 141
    SIRIUS Talk Central 148 144
    BBC Mundo 164 116
    EWTN Hispanic 162 158

2. Ed Faver

Ed Faver Second Unit

Thanks Chris-

I hadn't been aware of the adds/drops/changes. Love my Sirius for NPR, Broadway, and Raw Dog.

3. Joshua_JO

Joshua_JO Agent

Do we really need an all Elvis channel?

4. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

no we don't need an elvis stream........

but, with an all elvis station perhaps ron will really have some ammo when it comes to his complaints of repeats on sirius.[​IMG]

5. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

You betcha.

Nothing but the same Elvis stuff over and over
    and over and over again. [​IMG]

6. Gerard Martin

Gerard Martin Second Unit

Ron
    Nothing wrong with Elvis 24/7. millions of people like him.

7. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

I will say: the expansion of their left/right talk format, to offer 2 right-wing, 2 left-wing networks is a real perk.

The NFL channel has of course, some time to grow, but saying they will do pre-season games as well and a fantasy FFL show helps me [​IMG]

I'm enjoying of course, Twilight Zones on Sunday, but I still find that I miss A&E Network.. I liked "Biography" etc. *shrug*

Just me though [​IMG]