What's new

Single-season wonders that deserve a DVD release (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
How about

Thea (1993)
Minor Adjustments (1995)
Goode Behavior (1996)
Robbery Homicide Division (2002)
That Was Then (2002)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Franks Place (1987)
TV 101 (1989)
Teech (1991)
Hardball (1994)

how could i have forgotton Bette (2000)

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Also, The Guardian, with Simon Baker, although since it lasted three seasons, it doesn't really count. But I still think that it should be released.
-James

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Although I thought the show kind of went off the rails a bit after a while and didn't really stick to it's original premise as much, the show was always interesting and entertaining throughout it's run. Thankfully shows of this era aren't really a concern as we've had our own DVD records of these shows and we don't have to rely on the studios anymore for these things. Especially since we now know that thanks to music issues and who knows what else, almost all shows are never released in their original form. Of course I know that there are actually still people too lazy to do their own recording and are content to wait for the studios to look after their favorites. Well, all I can say to that is, good luck to you.

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott

Max Headroom was a single-season show, wasn't it? And technically not even a full season, as it was cancelled about half-way through the season. Or are you considering the separate Max Headroom Show as a second season of Max Headroom?

Scott

John*P

Second Unit

IMDb and TV.com have Max Headroom listed as having aired for two very short seasons...

Season 1: 3/31/1987 to 5/5/1987 (6 episodes)
Season 2: 9/18/1987 to 5/5/1988 (7 episodes)

There was apparently a 14th episode that never aired during the initial series run on ABC, and wasn't seen in the US until 1997 when it was aired on cable channel Bravo.

At any rate, this would most definitely be released in a "Complete Series" set...

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
What's that supposed to mean? When the Guardian was first aired, I was in Grade 5. I am 15 now, and when is was first shown I had never heard of it, and wasn't allowed to watch it. Upon browsing through the net, I've learnt more about it, and it seems really good. I wouldn't mind buying the DVD of it. It was appeal to fans of the show, and new fans, such as ME! Don't accuse people of being lazy, unless you know the facts.
-James

Ben Phillips

Stunt Coordinator
NEW YORK NEWS (1995) - Mary Tyler Moore, Madeline Kahn, Joe Morton, Gregory Harrison, Melina Kanakaredes, Kelli Williams, and Harold Perrineau.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
The Cosby Mysteries (1994) with Billy Cosby
10-8: Officers on Duty (2003) with Christina Vidal
Second Time Around (2004) with Christina Vidal

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to see Reunion, completed, and released to DVD. It's long shot though, since those rumours about them starting production again surfaced a while back.
-James

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
I would love for "The Pruitt's Of Southampton" to be released on DVD. I was not around when this series originally aired and I don't think it has been in syndication much, if at all, but I managed to be able to find 3 episodes that I watched and thought this series was hilarious! I am a big fan of 60's comedy and this fits right in there...Phyllis very much reminded me of Lucy in the Lucy Show, in the crazy madcap schemes she was always getting into. Basically it is kinda a reverse Beverly Hillbilles ... the Pruitt's are an extremely rich family who find they are in debt to the IRS and basically flat broke..the premise continues that the government wants them to continue the illusion that they are still wealthy for fear of a stock market crash. Each episode finds Phyllis as head of the Pruit family trying to find some way to make money to pay back the government while maintaining the illusion of wealth. An episode guide for the 30 episodes of the series makes each episode sound quite humorous (ie- Phyllis masquerades as a secretary but can't take dicatation so hides a tape recorder in her hair! - trys her hand at cooking but ends up puting a goose in the dishwasher instead of oven by mistake) and I wish so much that this series would resurface somewhere. I think releasing it on DVD would be a great idea.

If there are any more fans out there that feel the same way, please go to this link at Shout Factory and add your post in requesting the release of this series on DVD:

http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/134/thread.aspx

Shout Factory would do an awesome job in releasing this series . Not sure who holds the rights but the studios need to know there is a fan base and demand for it.

Thanks.:)

BrandonJF

Second Unit
Misfits of Science (1985)

The fact that Courtney Cox is in it has kept me holding out hope this might get released, but so far... apparently not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks