1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

SINBAD SELLING FAST

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ernest, Jan 13, 2014.

1. JoHud

JoHud Well-Known Member

Joe Hudak
    Wow, there are a lot more sell-outs than I remember. Even more surprising is that both format editions of The Egyptian sold out. Sweet!

Coincidentally, I got every single one of these OOP titles w/o having to pay eBay prices (minus The Egyptian DVD)

2. ROclockCK

ROclockCK Premium
    Supporter

Steve
    One of the eye-opening aspects of that list is how the reality of TT's sellouts flies in the face of conventional assumptions. To many, those top 4 zippy sellouts of 80s/90s Horror titles have skewed their perception somewhat. However, in reality, the majority of TTs sellouts have just been slower and steadier, and about equally distributed among the 50s (5), 60s (3), and 70s (3).

3. Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad Well-Known Member

Brad
    Oh how I wish that Twilight Time would (or could) do some reprints for their hottest titles. Yes I know about their contractual agreements with the studios and all. But if they have a hot potato like Christine or the Sinbad movies, would it be in everybody's best interest for a re-issue?
    Just my two million dollars worth, in counterfeit 10s & 20s.

4. Robin9

Robin9 Well-Known Member

Robin
    I'm quite sure that Sony and Fox study Twilight Time's sales figures and make a heavily underlined note of which titles sell out. When the three year period has elapsed, Sony and Fox can decide what they want to do with those titles: release them themselves or re-new the arrangement with Twilight Time . . . or perhaps with someone else.

ahollis likes this.
  5. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    I never noticed The Flim-Flam Man was TT, but wondered why it was so pricey. Hopefully, a Blu-ray version, because I missed the boat on that DVD and, if you haven't seen it, it's a great con movie (and one I enjoyed far more than The Sting).

6. ROclockCK

ROclockCK Premium
    Supporter

Steve
    TT has already confirmed that some of their early DVD-only titles will be getting Blu-ray editions Wayne...the first one being Fate is the Hunter, coming in May*. They are also rumoured to be considering a Blu-ray version of Violent Saturday, although their DVD of that title has not sold out yet, so that might not surface for awhile. As for The Flim-Flam Man, no hints so far regarding a Blu-ray, but with 3000 DVDs selling out in less than a year and a half, I'd be surprised if they don't eventually run with it.

* Together with Brian Jamieson's superb biography of Nancy Kwan To Whom it May Concern: Ka'Shen's Journey.

7. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    Thanks for that info, Steve. Michael Sarrazin... he was primed to be a big star when he played opposite George C. Scott in Flim Flam Man. And it looks like he kept busy until he died a couple years ago, but never the blaze that the early 70's promised with this film, They Shoot Horses Don't They? with Jane Fonda and Sometimes a Great Notion opposite Paul Newman.

8. ROclockCK

ROclockCK Premium
    Supporter

Steve
    One Michael Sarrazin title that has really fallen through the cracks on home video (both DVD and Blu-ray) is The Reincarnation of Peter Proud. Not clear who currently owns the North American rights to that one, or the state of its elements, but it does have a Jerry Goldsmith score which intrigues me...

9. Robin9

Robin9 Well-Known Member

Robin
    I saw The Reincarnation of Peter Proud when it first came out but I can't remember a thing about the film. In other words, It isn't memorable!

10. David_B_K

David_B_K Advanced Member

David
    I don't know that i need to own it, but I do still remember it from a viewing when it first came out. At the time, there were lots of stories floating around about how people under hypnosis could recall 'past lives' when they were somebody else. The premise was that the titular character had been someone else in a past life. I also remember the lovely Jennifer O'Neill in the film. Michael Sarrazin was in a lot of films at that time.

11. ahollis

ahollis Well-Known Member

Allen
    It was produced by Bing Crosby Productions and Cinerama. It was released by AIP to Theatres. Vestron released it on VHS. So it's anyone's guess who has it now but I bet on Paramount. Can you hear us Olive?

12. JohnMor

JohnMor Premium
    Supporter

John Moreland
    Not a great film, but a fine one, with some nicely atmospheric location shooting in New England, I always enjoy it when I can (rarely) catch it. Would LOVE a blu (or even a dvd) release of it.

13. JoHud

JoHud Well-Known Member

Joe Hudak
    If Vestron released it, it's almost certainly owned by Lionsgate now.

14. ahollis

ahollis Well-Known Member

Allen
    Not necessarily, they released many BCP films during the 70's which now reside with other companies. They just had a license agreement for a period of time. I think Paramount now controls the title.

JoHud likes this.