What's new

"Simpsons" stars in work stoppage (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Well, the thing is, it takes time to write the episodes, and then it takes around *nine* months to animate the episodes and stuff. It would probably be better to leave out the pop culture references unless they start doing South Park-style animation. :)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I am aware of the aspect of the 9-month cycle of the episode, but even with that much production time, some of the stuff still seems dated. Although, for me that is a minor complaint. Actually maybe it's better that it comes late. It's one less thing you are being bombarded with during tbe peak of whatever the pop culture thing is.

Actually one red flag from tonight's episode was the repeated use of the "It's not an island, it's a pennisula" joke, but it worked pretty humorously in tonight's episode.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

It's funny because I remember watching things on PBS during a pledge drive and they would sock you with veiled statement such as that.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I was going to comment on that, but I had forgotten the specific jab to Fox. :) Great timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks