What's new

Simpsons Season Six- June 14th (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, I was just contacted by Fox and told that the information posted to the FoxTVDVD.com website was incorrect, and it'll be gone tomorrow morning.

Gord

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Waaaaiiiiit then. So that date is wrong? Are they gonna change it to the correct one or just completely remove it? It'll probably be a later date but I would be pleasantly surprised if it was bumped up.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Things start to slow down around 10 because the writers aren't sure what they should do next. I'd say buy season 10 or 11, and if you don't like it, ebay it, and hold off for a bit.

IMO, the last few seasons have been mixed. There have been some episodes that had me on the ground laughing like when Bart participates in Robot Wars, and others that were just plain awful like the X-mas episode when Lisa becomes a Buddhist -- there were moments in that episode where they had dead air.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
There will be an update about the situation posted to TVShowsOnDVD later this morning. The set is still coming, the date was incorrect, and they will remove the listing at FoxTVDVD.com until the correct date can be made available.

Apparently you shouldn't get too excited about the Reba - S2 posting there, either. Somebody at that consumer site got carried away. Stay tuned for Gord to post updates about the situation.

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know which season has the "Lemon Tree" episode? That is one of the best IMHO.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
The lemon tree episode (Lemon of Troy) is the one directly before part one of Who Shot Mr Burns. So it is on Season 6.

MikeAB

Grip
The episode "Lemon of Troy" was the second to last episode of season six.
Edit: Oops, looks like I was beat to it.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
I love that episode. It was very surreal. Can't believe it was S6 - it seems just like yeterday I saw it for the first time.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Before we pulled the S6 news item, I had this description of major stories in that season, including the Lemon Tree ep:

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator
It does seem like yesterday.
That episode has sooooo many good lines...

like when Milhouse says "So this is what it feels like when doves cry"

Patrick H.

Second Unit
A friend of mine recently got me back into The Simpsons after not seeing even a rerun for years, and now just over a month later I've got ALL the released sets. These shows are like a bag of Hershey's kisses...you can't eat just one! And once you've eaten the bag, you just have to buy another one! I wasn't even planning to get the first season, but you MUST have 'Krusty Gets Busted'...can't miss any Sideshow Bob! It's also just really fascinating to chart the evolution of the show, and a lot of early episodes are way more solid than their reputation would lead you to believe.

Season five is full-wattage for these guys. The re-watch value on these is HUGE. I still need season six ASAP, though, so hopefully the date will be nailed-down soon! As for the cutoff point, season 9 is also my projected end, but who knows? It may be difficult to stop...

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I remember being in synagogue over the holidays years back, bored out of my mind and sitting outside on the front steps with my cousin arguing about who we thought killed Mr. Burns, haha. It got so intense, we started coming up with all these elaborate thesis taking examples and quotes from earlier in the season. Man, The Simpsons used to be such a great show... I can't wait to pick up season 6!

John McM

Second Unit
why would the information be incorrect? considering season 4 came out June 15, and season 5 came out December 21, wouldn't June 14 be logical for season 6?

This and Roswell season 3 were the two I really was anticipating.

Anyone know if Roswell s3 will be 5 or 6 discs?

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I'm going to be an optimist and say that Season 6 is going to be released in May as opposed to June :D

John McM

Second Unit
so 2004 was just a lucky year and they're back to one set a year?

kinda like we had 2 South Park sets in 2003, but only one in 2004?

well, screw that

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks