What's new

Simpsons Season Six- June 14th (1 Viewer)

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
According to the Fox TV website (http://www.foxhome.com/tvdvd/), The Simpsons: Season Six is coming out on 6/14. Very good news indeed.

They also dates for King of the Hill: Season Four and In Living Color: Season Three, but I failed to note the actual dates...but they are coming.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Well, that's great news. I hope we can count on seasons 6 and 7 this year. Season 8, too, would be great, but it seems like they are sticking with the two season schedule for this year.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Here's the rest

Reba: The Complete Second Season 5/3 2005

Living Color: Season 3 5/10

Remington Steele: Season 1 5/24

Roswell Season 3 6/7

Mash Season 8 6/7

Millennium Season 3 6/14

Lost in Space Season 3 Part 2 6/14

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Yay!

M*A*S*H has been a 2 season per year June/December pattern for awhile and it looks like that will continue this year. I'm assuming that now the Simpsons is on that same kind of schedule.

Good news about ILC s3 and King of the Hill s4 especially.

Wezzo

Second Unit
Excellent! Simpsons S6 and KOTH S4 dates? You've made my day, Fox - and Jeremy, thanks ever so much for telling us.

Yay! Well, I'm yet to pick up Simpsons Season 5 (it comes out here in March, but I know it will be half-price within a few months at the local JB Hi-Fi), but this is excellent news. I'm glad to see the pace has been picked up to two per year, as we have a long way to go until Season 16...

Some of my faves will be on this set: 'Treehouse of Horror V' ("No beer, and no TV make Homer something something..."); "Itchy and Scratchyland", "Homie the Clown", "Two Dozen and One Greyhounds" (that song along is worth it). Mind you, this season also has one of the worst depictions of Australians in it ('Bart v Australia') but in the 10 years following that episode, I've come to realise that the episode was more a parody of misguided American patriotism, than it was a joke at the expense of Australians (although, we can be laugh worthy a lot of the time as well). I guess at the time I just wondered how a show that was so sharp in parodying its own culture could be so myopic in parodying others. However, as I said, I can now see it was still parodying its own culture, even in that episode.

I wonder if the Fox Special 'Springfield's Most Wanted' with the betting pool will appear on the set? It would make a nice bonus feature.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I really hope that Springfield's Most Wanted is on the set although I think they will put it on the Season Seven set since it aired before the seventh season premiere.

I never got to see that 'episode' because it was almost enitrely pre-empted by a football. Imagine that happening on Fox:)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

In case anyone involved with making the DVD is reading this, I also would like this special to be on one of the DVD sets.

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
The season-set DVD bonuses have been great so far, so I imagine Fox will continue and give us Springfield's Most Wanted. My guess is that since it aired directly before the Season 7 premiere (Who Shot Mr. Burns? Part 2), it will appear as an extra on Season 7, Disc 1.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Bryan, save me a seat on that boat...
...I had forgotten about this special, but yes definitely want to see it included on either the 6th or 7th season set more likely it will be on season 7 though.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan

It was a spoof on America's Most Wanted, hosted by that shows host John Walsh. It was a lead-in to the Season premier of the Simpsons, in which the Who Shot Mr. Burns? story would be resolved.

Springfield's Most Wanted went over possible scenerios of who dunnit' and examined possible clues from the previous season's finale.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Maybe at this rate, we will be able to get the entire series, up to current, before the next format arrives.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Season 6 contains my favorite episode (Who Shot Mr. Burns Part I). Part II is a different story but the way they ended off the season with that cliffhanger was absolutely brilliant.

Other favorites are "Bart of Darkness" (Rear Window parody) and "Lisa's Rival" featuring Homer's sugar pile, one of the single greatest ideas the show has ever had. So many classic lines!

"First you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the WOMEN!"

:D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hey Guys,

I hear that at some point,
The Simpsons gets pretty
bad.

I don't want to buy all 200
seasons that will be made available
over the next few years.

How far up the ladder should I
go until the shows stop being funny?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks