What's new

Simpsons Season 6 - DVNR is back! (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone, it's the DVNR guy here :)
First up, if you don't care about DVNR, this is just going to seem like nitpicking, so don't read it if you don't care.

Anyway, this is copied almost word for word from my web site, have a read (and gasp at the horror):

I'm afraid I'm not allowed to post the pictures here because of the software this board is running, I'm only permitted to link to other sites after 15 posts (I'm only at 7 right now). But, and I hope this doesn't clash with forum rules, you can go to my web site at lyris-lite dot net and you'll be able to see the pictures under the October 6, 2005 heading (which right now will be at the top of the page). Maybe a more senior forum member could post them here for convenience.

We get review copies ahead of the sets actually hitting store shelves, but has the Season 6 box set been released over in the States yet? Although I live in Scotland which is a PAL territory, I always import the original NTSC versions of this sort of thing because I don't like standards conversions. If anyone has (or is going to get) their hands on a copy of the American set, would they mind checking and telling me if the DVNR is present too, or if it's been done at the standards conversion stage?

Thanks everyone!

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this set has been released in America. There are a couple of threads about it already. I didn't notice any DVNR myself, and I haven't seen any complaints about it in the other threads.

Good to hear, I can then be fairly sure it's been done at the NTSC->PAL stage. Most TVs sold in Europe and all DVD players can show an NTSC video signal anyway, I don't understand why they don't just leave NTSC programming in NTSC over here.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

You might want to ask on those other Simpsons season 6 threads if anyone else noticed any DVNR. (Most people on the Home Theater Forum have better TVs than I do, so it's possible that DVNR exists but that I just didn't notice it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks