What's new

Simpsons Season 6 alternate box revealed (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Same here.

Since boxes are just now starting to show up, I suspect those e-mails might have gone out prematurely.

Or maybe they resurrected the Pony Express for this shipment... ;)

Daniel-M

Second Unit
maybe they didn't excpecy that so many people wanted a box, and just started sending out e-mails and not the box

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I got the box yesterday; its about what I expected. I'm not dissatisfied, although I would have preferred the release came in the same kind of box.

Amit Ashar

Agent
I got mine today, too. Not as bad as I excpected, but a top would have been nice. It does look just fine with the other sets as it is, though. Hopefully, they'll save everyone a lot of time and effort next time by releasing both versions.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Got mine yesterday. I was surprised it came flat in an enevelope but once you but the dvd booklet in there it all makes sense.

JamesED

Second Unit
Got my box today. I'm still cheesed I have to use that crappy disc folder thing held together by tape.

They'll be lucky to get me to purchase pass S10.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Well, I have my alternate "box" now. I'm not sure which is worse - the plastic head or the cardboard substitute. The new one is better looking but still a pain to bother with. None of this would be a problem if they'd just stick to the same style with each release. Or let people choose which one they want when they order or buy it in the stores.

I tremble at the thought of what day-glo horror lies in future releases.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
For those of you who want to keep your set "whole," I believe that the original receipt is an acceptable item to send in to receive the box. Just make sure everything is OK with the set before you do this.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Just received my box in the mail...and I am PISSED. But for different reasons than most of you. See images below.

As you can see, during the delivery process, most likely when the bonehead tried to ram the envelope in my mailbox, the thing was BENT, leaving giant creases in my box! Waste of my money! I'm pretty sure I can't try to get another one now, so I'm S***-outta-luck! STUPID MAIL CARRIERS!

MattHR

Screenwriter
Alex,
Contact Fox at the same number/address and explain the situation. I'd be surprised if they didn't send you a replacement.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'm sure they will send another.

I got mine a few weeks ago and I love it. It sits on the shelf with the others without any indication that it's different - PLUS! I have the Homer head as a collectible :emoji_thumbsup:

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Just called the number that was on the insert card, and was told that they will send out another one, but I have to pay shipping again. Good thing is they gave me a direct address so that things will hopefully process faster and I intend to make a note that they mark the envelope with big bold letters that say "DO NOT BEND, FOLD, ETC". Funny, there's an auction on eBay for one of these things that's already hit $15. Friggin package design changes. They'd better offer both styles in store for the rest of the seasons instead of doing this every time, because if they do it's going to get quite annoying.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Perhaps the unhappy fans should send their empty heads (Homer's, I mean) back to Fox as a protest.

By the way, here's a memo to Fox:

Don't p*** off the fans.

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator

Wish granted..check out the thread two-heads are better than one, or the news article at TVShowsonDVD.com

In a nutshell, both the Marge Head and traditional packaging will be available in-store for Season 7

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Has anyone made any recent requests to get the alternative box? Some friends of mine are looking to order the alternative box within the next couple weeks and we're trying to find out if the box is still avilable for purchase. So this is still available, I assume?

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Maybe it was just me, but in my efforts to not give my reciept, butcher my box, or get rid of my inserts, I got the alternate box. :) All I did was send a check. It took a long long time, but I don't think FOX wants to turn away money.

Anyone know if they will offer to let us buy the alternative Marge head? Anyone want to sell?

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks