What's new

Simpsons Season 4 - June! (1 Viewer)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Season 4 is where the Simpsons really hit its creative peak, IMHO. No season since has contained such a diverse collection of simply awesome episodes. I'll be so thrilled to finally put my worn out VHS copies of these shows to rest.

"Mr. Plow, that's my name.
That name again is Mr. Plow!"

{everyone}"Monorail, monorail, monorail, monorail"
{Homer}"Mono....d'oh!"

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor

Uh... he was replying to somebody from Utah, so he was creative and modified the quote.

Anyway, great news! Thanks for the heads-up.

KrisM

Second Unit
He wasn't replying to someone from Utah. It was Apu who asked the quetion "is there a chance the track could bend?", hence, "not on your life, my Hindu friend"
My wife directed the Music Man this year and I had a good laugh when the cast sang the song where the Simpsons got the inspiration for the mono rail song.

Homer - I call the big one 'Bitey'

Keep the Simpsons coming Fox.

Regards
KrisM

Wezzo

Second Unit
Someone above stated "Itchy and Scratchy land" - well, that's S6. :)

Anyway, it's amazing news - but why is it referred to as THE SIMPSONS SEASON FOUR DVD COLLECTION while all previous sets have been marketed under "The Complete Xth season"?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
COMING SOON - TRUCKASAURUS THE MOVIE - WITH MARLON BRANDO AS JOHN TRUCKASAURUS

"I could crush you, you crazy car!"

For some reason, that gets me every time

I really hope the release date holds

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis

The poster quoting the "is there a chance the track could bend?" line was from Utah... hence the modified answer ;)

Anyway, great news, I hope they will really speed up the release schedule

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

I believe that Season 5 is the best season, but I agree partially, because I consider Seasons 4 to 6 the "golden age" of The Simpsons. I did not buy any of The Simpsons DVDs released so far, as I've been just waiting for 4-7. While I believe Season 2 and 3 had some excellent episodes the were as good as the best ones in 4, 5, 6, I think these three seasons were the most consistent, with more great episodes and fewer mediocre episodes than any other seasons.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Mr. Plow is a loser, and I hear he is a boozer.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that these are coming out in June. It eases my fear a bit that this is an official press release, but I do remember the Season 2 scenario and will be overjoyed if indeed the June date holds firm which I'm expecting it to do.

I love the New Kid on the Block episode where Bart falls in love with the neighbor girl.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
"Mr. Plow"..that's my name...
Tonight's forecast calls for flurries of passion, followed by extended periods of gettin' it on!

It may be on a lousy channel, but the Simpsons are on TV!

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Ocean,

You read my mind... I dont own any of the previous seasons either, but I will be buying Season 4... Seasons 4 and 5 have two of my favorite Halloween episodes as well...

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
The cover art for season 4 is glorious! Finally, someone other than The Simpsons family themselves also getting placement on the cover! I love that Ralph is in the foreground, attempting to steal the spotlight. Perfect! And Barney feeding the dog beer to boot!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks