What's new

simpsons season 3, when? (1 Viewer)

Richard cash

Stunt Coordinator
i am sorry if this is a repeat thread but i wondered if there was any news on the release of the next season. Are they going to start to get a move on with the series or is the next season going to take another year?

James Reader

Screenwriter
According to HMV in the uk (http://www.hmv.co.uk) the R2 set is out in December (for some reason you have to enter Simpsons as the keyword not the title to bring the set up).
Based on the second season set which was premiered in the UK first I would expect the R1 release in Feb or Mar 2003.

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
I'm betting even if this was ready Fox would hold it back a little bit right now. With everything coming out now, and the fact that Season 2 hasn't been out for long. Februrary or March sounds pretty good.

Matthew Furtek

Mitty

Supporting Actor
February or March sounds GREAT, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It was almost 11 months between seasons the first time around: Sept. 25/01 - Aug. 6/02.

Ned

Supporting Actor
The delay from Season 1 to 2 was surely an oversight. Let's just assume that the rest will be every 4-6 months.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Release a new season every 6 months is much more reasonable for any multi-season tv series. Season 3 in March 2003, Season 4 in September 2003, Season 5 in March 2004, and so on...

Richard cash

Stunt Coordinator
Season 3 in March 2003, Season 4 in September 2003, Season 5 in March 2004, and so on...
thats still too slow. ordinarily this would be fine but we have to remembe rhow many simpsons seasons there are. Even at the rate of 2 per year it will take us to nearly 2010. I am not sure how many seasons there are, about 15 or so i think, but remember for every 2 seasons put on dvd they have made another season in the studio.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Sheesh, we're gonna need a season per month! Imagine that...

"Mmmmmmmm... one DVD set per month... [drools]"

Eric T

Second Unit
I certainly hope they speed things up. I don't want to spend 5 years collecting these things. After two seasons of commentary, they can skip the rest as far as I'm concerned.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
ITs not the commentary holding things up, theyve already been recorded to season 4 as far as i know... and I want the commentaries, I've listened to every one and enjoied them all (is Snowball II the ugliest cat ever?)

This year (02-03) begins season 14, (season one was 89-90)

If they can get to three a year, every 4 months, thats pretty reasonable. I think the 2nd season wait was an abberation....

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
I would think that the later seasons of on-going shows like Friends and Simpsons would have some Syndication Agreements that are still valid, and that would keep these Seasons off DVD until some future date.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
As odd as it sounds, the long delays between releases are why I am not buying the Simpsons discs. I absolutely love how Paramount is releasing The Next Generation on DVD. They have a plan, a schedule, and every two months I know to show up to Best Buy on a Tuesday morning to get my boxed set.

Even when Paramount was releasing TOS, their was a definable pattern to it.

But with this fox business, I am not going to wait till 2009 to have them all.

-- Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks