What's new

Simpsons S10 - 8/7/07! (1 Viewer)

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'd like them to spend the releases up too. I stopped watching the show on TV with season 12, I believe, so I'd like to get to the seasons I missed sooner. So far I've enjoyed ever DVD set and I love the character head cases, I hope they continue this after Bart with some of the supporting characters. Too bad they didn't do this from the beginning.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
must add, I really hate those heads, and I've been thankful that with S10 we'd finally be rid of them and back to standard boxes for S11 and beyond.

Do we really want a Mrs. Krabbapel plastic head?

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Commentaries or not, I'm still there. And even the worst Simpsons episode is better than just about any other show.

More seasons would be nice but I don't want them faster if it means losing commentaries and extras on the sets.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I wouldn't mind a Moe head or ones for Mr Burns, Smithers, Dr Hibbert, Krusty, Milhouse and Abe. I hope they don't go back to the regular boxes but rather they do something unique and different.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Or perhaps the the season 11-15 cases will be something completely different. I mean, the first 5 were standard cases. The 5 after that were heads. I think they should change it up and try something else to keep with the pattern. I'll be damned if I know what though. Perhaps each set could piece-by-piece replicate the Simpsons' house or something. I don't know.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That's my guess too. The most likely reason that they switched over to the head cases was to make them stand out on store shelves so they're probably going to 'refurbish' the sets again and go for a different look after they finish S10.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Update: I got my copy of this set today and it includes commentaries for EVERY episode. The info about only 16 commentaries was wrong - they're there for all 23 shows!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
BTW, the "Washington Post" ran an article yesterday to promote the movie. It included interviews with the series' bigwigs and included Al Jean.

I'd never seen Jean before but I'd heard him in many commentaries. Based on his voice, I thought he was about 55, probably 5'5", bald, bespectacled and generally nerdy. Imagine my shock when I actually SAW him - he's almost exactly the opposite of what I expected!

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt

Actually, you just described Bob Balaban, who bears a striking resemblance to a cast member!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

No, my mind's eye view of Al Jean made him tubby, and Balaban's not tubby. I just thought it was funny how much that voice doesn't connect to my image of how he'd look - he couldn't be much different-looking than what I expected!

When I saw the photo, I thought the Post had made a mistake. My personal interpretation of Jean's looks was so fixed in my mind I think I'd convinced myself I HAD seen him! I thought they'd mislabeled the caption... :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm finished the first two discs. I found an egg on Wild Barts Can't Be Broken. On the episode menu, push up from 'Play Episode' and a button on the monitor lights up, press Enter and you get a quickie deleted scene.

And in case anyone is curious, Sunday, Cruddy Sunday is the original aired version. It has the Catholic church joke intact (eventhough the guys doing the commentary were watching the edited one) and Homer, Moe and Wally mention the teams that played in the Superbowl in 1999.

Thanks for the Maximum Homerdrive tip, Eric! :)

Daniel-M

Second Unit
I am disappointed that there isn't a Phil Hartman-featurette since this was the last seasonhe appeared on

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks