What's new

Simpsons Live-action - Ideal Cast ? (1 Viewer)

Felipe S

Stunt Coordinator
NICK RIVIERA - John Leguizamo
Troy McClure/Lionel Hutz - we all know who would've been perfect... Phil Hartman of course

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Adam Sandler as Otto - he can do the look, he just needs to work on the voice

Clint Eastwood as Mr. Burns (don't laugh:))

Peter Scolari as Ned Flanders (He was in a movie called Camp Nowhere and he looked just like Flanders! He even wore a dark green sweater!)

Joanna Cassidy as Ms. Crabapple

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I think it would pretty easy to make Dan Castleanetta look like Homer. He's got the voice, the hair, and through the magic of Hollywood could easily have the weight.

Same with Julie Kavner. I've always thought she resembled Marge. The blue hair might be tricky... then again that's true of whoever gets casted in the role.

Another obvious choice: Bill Cosby as Dr Hibbert

Pieter

P.S. I second Steven Root as Chief Wiggum

Real Name
Anthony
Thomas C - thanks for taking my point :)

Cosby as Dr Hibbert, agreed ! Perfect.
I don't know Stephen Root or Jimmy Kimmell.
Jason Alexander is the best Homer so far but he's not quite right, is he ? Bit too much intelligence behind the eyes.

Of course, Dan and Julie as Homer and Marge would be great,
and I'd just like to restate that I think the Simpsons ensemble is the best voice-cast EVER assembled for ANYTHING
ANYWHERE. But a)it's a bit too easy and b)Homer and Marge are only meant to be about 35.

Clint Eastwood as Mr Burns ?!! I don't know if it's right but, hell, would I pay money to see him try !

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I'd like to nominate Mexican comedian Roberto Gómez Bolaños to play Bumblebee Man. BM was reportedly inspired by Chespirito, a comedy show that featured a character called "The Red Grasshopper", played by Mr. Bolaños. Come on, just look at the guy! :D

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Walter Matthau would've made the perfect Grandpa. :frowning:

And of course, Gary Sinise IS Herman.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Ray, you're a genius! Walter Mattau would have rocked! Why didn't I think of that? You get the Spirit Award on this one.

How about Hank Azaria as Professor Frink? He might be a bit too good looking, but he played a great nerd on "Friends."

Pieter

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Mark Addy (the fat guy in The Full Monty) as Homer
Dean Cameron as Otto
Charles S. Dutton as Dr. Hibbert
Anthony Heald (Boston Public) as Principal Skinner
Marion Ross as Agnes Skinner

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
I think it would pretty easy to make Dan Castleanetta look like Homer. He's got the voice, the hair, and through the magic of Hollywood could easily have the weight.

Agreed.

Ed O'Neal has the most ability to play Homer.

Dan Ackryod could easily be made up to look like Homer - refer to Baldar Conehead - but I agree that the voice would be the most distracting part when looking at another actor.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if he's still alive, but I always thought the old/creepy guy (Henry Kane?) (from Poltergeist) would make a perfect Mr. Burns...You know, the old guy standing in the rain yeling "You're all gonna die in there!" Creepy Guy Photo

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone remember back on 1 April 2000 when Corona Coming Attractions had their "April Fools" movie listings. They had a live action Simpsons movie listed, and they had a pretty full cast list. I wish I had it because most of their casting was perfect.

Although I have a funny feeling they may hae had John Goodman as Homer. (Cue disapproval from HTF)

Jo_C

Second Unit
The perfect director for a live action "Simpsons" movie would be David Lynch ("Dune"). If Lynch can bring surrealism to his films, he can to a film that already has its animated counterpart as surreal as it is.

Casting Bart...well, he'd be pretty hard to find. But Nick Nolte would make a great Homer, Jennifer Connolly would be Marge...hmmm, Mr. Burns would be played by Tom Arnold...

Well, I could go on and on, but a live action "Simpsons" movie would make my day for all fans.

Real Name
Anthony
Walter Matthau as Grandpa, definitely. And -of course- Jack Lemmon as Gil. Seeing as we're all agreed this probably shouldn't happen, I don't see why we have to restrict ourselves to the living.
Ben - I'm not sure about Travolta as Disco Stu.To me he looks more like Paul Michael Glaser from Starsky and Hutch days.
What about ex-Hill Street Blues actor Charles Haid (?)as
Wiggum ? Or Charles Durning ?
Harry Knowles - with extensive degingerfication -
as Comic Book Guy ? Seems only fair.

Nick Nolte as Homer is a strange but interesting idea. What we need is someone with photo manipulation equipment and waaaaay too much freetime, to turn a few actors bald, fat and yellow.

ALSO - Tim Blake Nelson (from O Brother where art thou)as
Cletus the slack-jawed yokel !

OK, so far, how about this ?

WILLIAM H. MACY as Ned Flanders.
BILL COSBY as DR HIBBERT
JOE MANTEGNA as FAT TONY
CLINT EASTWOOD as MR BURNS ! (This one keeps growing on me)
WALTER MATTHAU as GRANDPA SIMPSON
JACK LEMMON as GIL
M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN as APU
EDWARD NORTON as LENNY
STEVE BUSCEMI as DR NICK
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER as WOLFCASTLE
GARRY SHANDLING as REVEREND LOVEJOY
TIM BLAKE NELSON as CLETUS
and,of course,
ROBERTO GOMEZ BOLANOS as BUMBLEBEE MAN

And it's still JASON ALEXANDER, imo, as front-runner for Homer and MIRA SORVINO as Marge, though neither one is perfect. Feel free to disagree.
We still need SMITHERS, GROUNDSKEEPER WILLIE, SKINNER,
KRUSTY, SIDESHOW BOB, MOE etc

And our Homer is out there, people ! We WILL find him ! No matter what occurs !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks