What's new

Simpson's disc # 3 issues (1 Viewer)

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Mine has the swirls, but everything plays fine (though I'm using my roommate's PS2 - have to wait a few weeks before testing them on my Toshiba at home).
Evan
------------------
"* * * * * * * * * * * * *" - Buster Keaton
S&S: 16 films left
Most recent: Paisan

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
My disc #3 had some scraches and the "bubbles". The "bubbles" look more like dried water spots, that won't clean off... But the disc played fine on my Pioneer DV-C503. Its kind of anoying that the disc isn't perfect looking - but at least it plays :)

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
If I moght make a suggestion...
Since different people are hsaving problems with different discs, if only one disc is defective, I'd try to just swap that disc. Take the whole set, but why risk trading in a good disc for a faulty one? Print a page or two of this thread and take it along. Surely some stores would want to lessen the odds of another return.
------------------
I suppose you think that's very funny, Harold.

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having problems with the scripts. The screen that says: push the >>! button to go forward comes up but when I push the skip button nothing happens. This also happens on the Simpsons art on the 3rd disk. I have a Hitachi 305. Anybody else have this problem.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Well, Wal-Mart exchanged my set. The only difference was the upc on the box on the store copy was 1 number off from the one I got from DDVD.
------------------
We are the citizens of the United States of America. Resistance is futile. We CANNOT be stopped so don't bother trying.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
My disc 3 appears to be fine. I've watched everything except the full episode. The disc has the milky swirls that everyone else is describing.
However, my disc 1 locks up on the Yeardly Smith credit at the end of "Homer's Odyssey" and I have to press stop and play again in order to resume playing.
I'm planning on binging through the rest of the set this week to make sure there are no more problems.
I have a Toshiba 3108.

David Oliver

Second Unit
I also have had the lockup on Disc 1 during the credits of "Homer's Odyssey". I haven't tried disc 2 and haven't noticed any problem s so far on the extras of disc 1, but haven't looked at all of it yet.

Steve Peterson

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a Pioneer 414 and I get the lockup on the credits of Homer's Odessy. No other problems
Steve "D'OH!" Peterson

Cris K

Agent
Hi,
I am new here- but see that some people are having a similar problem that I am having with this set.
My player (Sony 7000) hangs up on Disc 2 during Life on the Fast Lane where Jacques gives Marge the bowling glove and she tries it on. Sometimes it skips several seconds- sometimes it hanges up completely.
frown.gif

I noticed no problems with the outtakes, nor Homer's Odyssey however.
-cris
[Edited last by Cris K on October 01, 2001 at 07:57 PM]

Jonathan W

Agent
Hello!
Just wanted to add my set to the count. I've only played disc #1 so far, and it, too, has the 22:06 freeze during "Homer's Odyssey". I immediately exchanged it and I still have the same problem at the same spot - Yeardley Smith's credit.
My player is a Pioneer DV-C503.

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
I also tried the "22:06" test. It froze on my Toshiba 3109. It's one of the 1st versions of the player. After that, I popped it in my PS2. To my surprise, it didn't freeze up. I have the older 1.30U DVD driver on my PS2.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
My DVDs for the Simpsons First Season
do not appear to have any bubbles.
I played the sections others reported problems with,
and had zero lock-ups, freezes, or pixelations
with my 3 year old Sony DVD player.
Just as an FYI: I bought the set at
Costco (for $24.99) in Portland, Oregon.
-Mark
[Edited last by Mark Walker on October 03, 2001 at 04:31 PM]

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
"Homer's Odyssey" on Disc One does not freeze up on my Panasonic A310, however at the 22:06 mark there is a definite blip on the audio track....it is very obvious. Any chances of a possible replacement? It seems that most of the copies of "The Simpsons" have the same problem, with each player handling it a little bit differently.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I am having problems with disc 2. Most of the time it will not even load (I have the Sony 3000). It causes my player to make a strange clicking sound before displaying "Please Insert Disc."
When it did work one time, on Life in the Fast Lane, the disc froze at the part when Marge was given the bowling glove. I was able to fast forward past it, but stil....
I have since been unable to get it work.
Does anybody have a # for Fox customer service? I'm wondering if it is easier to exchange through them or through Deep Discount DVD.
Thanks for any input.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I would almost have to have a # from FOX...Best Buy is probably sick of me, and for once, it is not their fault (i.e. smashed and torn boxes.)

RayG

Stunt Coordinator
My disc 3 worked fine, but on disc 1 the end credits of "Homer's Odyssey" freeze. From what I've read here if I return it I might have problems with disc 2 or 3. Hopefully Fox will have something to say about this soon.

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
My disc also froze during the credits of Homer's Odyssey.
Before I noticed this problem, I played the disc on my laptop with the commentary track, and it did not freeze up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks