What's new

Silk Stalkings Seasons 6-8 (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Any word on when these might be coming out?? Its been a while since season 5 was released

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Yes! I second this question. Cassie St. John (Janet Gunn) and Tom Ryan (Chris Potter) had great chemistry, even though it took a little while to get used to them.

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
I think I recall reading here, if not elsewhere, that Anchor Bay lost a lot of money on this series. So, once the seasons with the original cast were released, it was decided the last three seasons would be abandoned, more or less.

Too bad, too. I'm a fan who has the other five seasons, but if it is as bad as I recall business-wise, I'm not holding my breath for the rest.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Nikki,

I see you in the Shout! Factory forums. Did you request this series as a request?

I would not be surprised if the remaining seasons were never released. So surprise me, someone!

-Keith

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

No I don't think I have maybe I should, there have been so many responses to the one on Alias Smith & Jones, Brian Ward has mentioned he will look into it. Maybe we should start one for Silk Stalkings

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah

It has been said that Anchor Bay lost out on that. However, I asked because we have now seen Sony Abandon My good friend Mr Ed but shout stepped up. I was hoping the same would occur with Silk

I would have liked it if Silk Transitioned at the time with an explanation of what happened to Holly and Michael when Tom and Casssie replaced them. I mean we knew what happened after Chris was killed. Rita moved away to put her life together again

However, after S 5 it was announced that Potter and Gunn were coming in and I hated it at first because they never tied that loose end up

What happened to Michael? Did he go back to Chicago? What happened to Holly? Did she get re asigned to the academy teaching cadets Karate ??? I mean come on

I think I remember in S 5 or 6 Harry, Cassie and Tom attended a funeral for a fellow officer and Harry asked Tom if he or Cassie ever knew Chris. Tom stated that he knew him a little...I think

But Holly and Michael were never mentioned on screen again. Moreover, Neither was George Donovan the assistant DA (William Anton) or the DA Roy Conroy (once played by stephen J Cannell)

Its like they completely went away from the shows history

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i got into Silk Stalkings with Tom and Cassie in late 1990s. I was hoping to see these season released on dvds. However, if sony is involved, then it is more likely to be stalled series.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I'm still waiting and hopefully other fans are too. Whoever can release the remaining seasons, please consider it. Without the fans voicing their opinion, this will be a futile attempt.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Site-News-Cannell-Mill-Creek-Distro-Deal/12817

Could this be great news for us? At first, I thought it was a deal to re-release seasons. But it seems that Mill Creek Entertainment intends to release seasons that have not been released! So could we FINALLY see Seasons 6 through 8??? And at "value prices" (hopefully meaning "low") as quoted by its President and COO Ian Warfield? Let's hope so!

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Hmm, it looks like we might get the last 2 seasons of Renegade too. I haven't picked any seasons up, but if they release the last two, I might just have to buy all 5.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I have the first 3 seasons of Renegeade on dvd from Anchor Bay. Would buy season 4 and 5 in a heartbeat. I have season 1-4 of Silk Stalkinghs. Plan to get season 5 soon. If this plan comes about, I can complete that series as well. Great!!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There was announcement yesterday

Minneapolis, MN (October, 2009) - Mill Creek Entertainment, a recognized leader in value entertainment has signed a new agreement with Stephen J. Cannell Productions, Inc. to exclusively distribute seven television series from the Cannell library. This marks the second deal between Mill Creek Entertainment and Stephen J. Cannell Productions, Inc. for DVD distribution rights for a total of 14 different groundbreaking and acclaimed television series.

"We are thoroughly excited to give these outstanding television shows a second life on DVD," said Ian Warfield, President and COO of Mill Creek Entertainment. "While some of these shows have previously appeared on DVD, not all seasons have been available to the public. It is our intention to provide new and long-standing fans the shows they love at the value prices they have come to expect from Mill Creek Entertainment."

The seven television series included in this deal each feature well-known actors and actresses such as 21 Jump Street's Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean), The Commish's Michael Chiklis (The Shield), Tenspeed & Brown Shoe's Jeff Goldblum (Law & Order: Criminal Intent), Silk Stalkings' Rob Estes (90210), Renegade's Lorenzo Lamas (The Bold and the Beautiful), Hunter's football legend Fred Dryer and Greatest American Hero's William Katt (The Man From Earth).

Release plans for these newly acquired shows are currently underway and will be announced in the coming weeks, but several other series from the previous deal between Mill Creek Entertainment and Stephen J. Cannell Productions, Inc. are currently available at retail outlets nationwide including the first complete season of Wiseguy starring Ken Wahl, the 21 Jump Street spinoff Booker starring Richard Grieco and the complete series release of Cobra starring Michael Dudikoff.

About Mill Creek Entertainment
Mill Creek Entertainment is a source of value home video entertainment. Helmed by a management team with over eighty years of experience in the consumer home entertainment marketplace, the company produces entertainment products that typically sell in quantity, at impulse price-points, while adhering to high standards of quality unsurpassed in the industry. The Mill Creek product line encompasses many genres, speaks to broad consumer tastes and has found favor with both North American and emerging Latin markets. The company's DVD product line consists of classic movies, television episodes, historical documentaries and feature films.

So, it looks like we can see the remaining season. I was more a fan with silk stalkings when Cassie St John's character was added. I remember watching this show on USA TV. It was cancel abruptly with no real answer to what was happening with Cassie and Tom Ryan.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
FYI I was at Mill Creeks website and season 1 of 21 Jump Street, Hunter and Renegade are all available now for about $15 each.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TV_Fan

With Mill Creek you kind of get what you pay for.
Yeah, pressed dvd's(not burned dvd-r crap) and single sided discs. I'm in!

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I am seriously thinking of getting season 2 and 3 of Reenegade when they are available as I hate the double-sided disks the Anchor Bay put out for season 2 and 3.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Hopefully mill creek will put the sets out in a better fashion than they did with the best of bonanza. 8 to 10 episodes per disc were too many imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks