1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Silent Film Buffs: Could someone help me identify a "silent film"?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Don Giro, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Don Giro

Don Giro Supporting Actor

Don
    I remember a silent film that used to be shown ad nauseum on public television in my early youth (I'd say about 1970), and I've been plagued throughout my entire life as to its title. What I remember is that the film revolved around a man who sort of looked like a cowboy. A key scene I remember was where the protagonist was riding around on a small tricycle, scored with the music from The Benny Hill Show (you know, the music used whenever there was stop-motion running around as Benny ran after half-naked women). The important scene I remember occurs at the very end of the film: the protagonist ends up collapsing spread-eagle in the middle of the street. An "ambulance" pulls up, and the sign on the side door reads "Heart Take." One of the men in white coats kneels over the protagonist with a saw, and proceeds to cut the guy's heart out (you don't see the action, just the sawing motion from behind the guy. The last scene is the "EMT" marveling at and "commenting" on both halves of the protagonist's (obviously plastic) heart. I'd say the film is from the 1950s, judging from the style of the ambulance: [​IMG] I know it's a longshot, but can anyone identify this film? I've Googled to no end and always come up empty...

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    The song is Yakety Sax. Maybe that will help your search, because I don't have any idea on the rest.