1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

silence of the lambs, DVD version reviews?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Micah Cohen, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Well-Known Member

So, I note at least three DVD releases of the film SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. (If this has been covered in other threads, apologies; I did a search and didn't find this particular thing addressed.) There's the Criterion. There's the original MGM. There's the "better" MGM. Then there's this other thing, a 2-disc "Collector's Edition" with the greenish box. Can anyone point me toward a DVD review of this item, or at least a comparison of these DVDs? I'm interested mostly in PQ, extras are a secondary thing for me. (Saw the 2-disc green box "CE" in a used DVD place this weekend for a steal, but didn't know enough about it to buy it.) I look forward to some direction and insight! Thanks! MC

2. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Well-Known Member

Have an old friend for dinner (and a movie): http://www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3?search=silence+of+the+lambs&mvis=ok&region=1&land=z&ok=go

3. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Well-Known Member

Joel Henderson
    Unless you're hellbent on having a commentary (because for whatever MGM elected not to license Criterion's), then the 2-disc is the way to go (especially on blu-ray) here in region 1.

4. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Well-Known Member

Wow. DVD-basen is a pretty amazing site, thanks for that excellent review/comparison clearinghouse. I'm thinking I should get back to the place and snap up that 2-disc DVD version. Maybe I'll keep the Criterion (for the commentary) and sell of my other accumulated DVD versions. Thanks! MC

5. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Well-Known Member

That's pretty much what I did as I recall (I don't have the discs on hand). The only one I've upgraded to Blu-ray is MANHUNTER, but I still kept the Anchor Bay SE DVD, much as I kept the Criterion SILENCE DVD as I bought the other one for the two-disc version.