What's new

signal sinc issue (1 Viewer)

ARM420

Agent
Real Name
Tony
So I finally got my w1070 yesterday. Been playing around with it and so far love it. Great picture and brightness. But more about all that when I actually finish the setup and ill post a review. I'm having issues with it getting a signal... whenever I turn it on it always says no signal. I've tried switching the auto search and turning the CEC on neither helped. If I unplug the hdmi cable from the back of the projector and plug it back in it gets the signal. I've tried turning the projector on first and the other stuff first. Didnt make a difference. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Btw I'm using my ps3 ran through an onkyo 515 a/v receiver

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Hopefully this is a "fluke" and you figure it out. The usual suspect is the "prior handshake" the PS3 is associated with is causing the problem(IE, it hasn't forgotten whatever else it is you had...) So...unplug it all from the wall and hook it all up again...after it all has been unplugged for 30-ish minutes(long enough for the PS3 to "forget" its prior handshake...and to let the 515 and projector "forget they tried") If that doesn't work... Add it up to the "long" list of stuff that doesn't work together. AVS is littered with $600-$800 projectors and $400 AVR that don't like the PS3/Xbox.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Give you an idea of "long standing" HDMI issues... When I worked for the CE wholesaler...We'd get calls all the time... "Hey, I just bought/installed the Vanco/Cables-2-Go/Tripplite HDMI extender over Cat...and the signal is corrupted..." "Is the TV an LG?" "Uh, yes...why?"

ARM420

Agent
Real Name
Tony
Alight well ill give that a try in the morning. Hopefully that does it because I really don't wanna have to unplug and plug the hdmi everytime I turn it on lol. Thanks for the tip. Ill let you know how it goes tomorrow

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I've got a couple more ideas...and if I bring something up "you don't have"...just keep in mind I'm using a SR707 and NR1008 as reference...as those two have features the 515 won't have...and the 515 will have stuff I don't from them being 2 and 3 years old...anyway... If you have the scaling turned on in the 515, set it for "through" or "native". The guess is you have the 515 set 1080P/24fps and the "change-up", or just the extra split second of "figuring out what is going on", is keeping the signal wonky. Turn on the "TV power off". Just try that one to see if it makes a difference. That setting "on" will turn the 515 off when you turn off the projector. Default in the 515 might be XV Color and/or Deep Color "on". Turn them off(or if "off", turn them on). Make sure "tv audio" is off.

ARM420

Agent
Real Name
Tony
I tried unplugging/unhooking everything. Set it all back up and no dice. My upscaling was set to auto. I tried changing it to through, didnt work. I dont see anything about the tv power off setting or deep color. (Tried changing it on ps3 didnt help) this is starting to get pretty frustrating... only thing I can really think to do is connect the ps3 to the projector directly and then use rca's for sound to the receiver and that's gonna piss me off because it defeats the point of having an a/v receiver lol. Might end up just returning the receiver and getting something else... not really sure what else to do

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Before you give up on the AVR, try something else HDMI. The interwebs are littered with "My PS3/XBox isn't communicating with my projector via Yamaha/Denon/Onkyo/Pioneer AVR..." Matter of fact the AVS "BenQ W1070 owner's thread" has a post when you Google "w1070 ps3 issues avr" where the guy has issues with a Denon AVR-A100. No issues gaming. But as soon as you play a DVD/BD/App...the signal goes nuts. It also seems the universal constant with the W1070 and the W1080...power off the PS3 and power it back on...so...there you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks