What's new

Sierra TV series (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS said:
Well, that's horrible. I'm surprised Webb would do something like that. What would be the reasoning for such actions?

Gary "that borders on insane, imho" O.

$$$$ Storage fees cost money and to preserve the elements on shows which failed and which had no conceivable value must not have made any sense to him. This happened in the 70s, pre-cable explosion, pre-home video. Once again, people like us look at these shows are important works which should be preserved no matter what but the people who own the shows only look at them as commodities which either do or do not have a commercial value. I heard about this when I was in college back then and I also heard he did the same with his elements on the black and white Dragnets. Fortunately, Universal likely has copies of that show at least.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
oldtvshowbuff said:
Do you suppose The D.A.'s Man was also destroyed, too? But I have seen the series' opening on YT, but maybe a few of those episodes ended up in collectors' hands.

Those are around. I have most, if not all, of the run on that one from 16mm film prints.

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
piekielrl said:
It was definitely shown in Canada during the early 80s. Two episodes (I believe "Cruncher" and "Tails You Lose") were combined and re-edited into a long TV movie that was titled "A Weekend With A Bear," and other episodes were shown as well. This was back when home VCRs were just coming out, and tape cost about $30 an hour, so I'm guessing that not too many people were recording it.
"Weekend With A Bear" was also shown on the Disney Channel during the late 1980's when VCR's were common in households and tapes were much more reasonably priced. The pilot ("The Rangers") floated around in Universal TV-movie packages for ages for anyone who was interested.

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
HenryDuBrow said:
Denver wrote the title song yes, but I don't recall any special kind of music that would give rights trouble now. I've always thought it'd be a good show to do for Timeless.
Actually, Denver did not write the theme. It was written by Lee Holdridge and sung by a Denver sound-alike named Denny Brooks (who also sang the theme to "The Family Holvak"). Denver did the theme to the 1974 short-lived ABC series "The New Land".

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Denver wrote the lyrics while the music's by Holdridge, if the credits on screen are to be trusted.

piekielrl

Grip
Real Name
Robert
Hi Everyone, take a look at this website. You can use google translate to read it:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.fernsehserien.de/sierra&prev=search

This is the German video site where at least a couple people claim to have 8 or 9 episodes on tape. I tried to register for an account there, but never seem to get any posts listed. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. If someone has luck getting on this forum, I'd really like to know if they make any contacts with someone who would be willing to trade some copies, even if they are in German.

Thanks, Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks