What's new

Sideshow/Weta LOTR Collectibles (1 Viewer)

Joel Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Guys,

Sorry if you tried the tracker in the last day and found it missing -- but it's all in the name of progress! I have a new url that should be easier to remember and type : www.toytracker.net/weta/ . The old pv.com address isn't being abandoned, but will soon (hopefully) serve as an alias. Once domain propagation is done then either 'door' should be just as good. In the meantime - the link above will work if you've lost the page.

Kami - Thanks for the attack troll link. I'd heard rumors but hadn't seen the pic. Pretty wild.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay, just ordered the Gandalf on SF. That was a damn good price, and from the pics I've seen the sculpt/paint job looks really great. It's still pricey, but hey, you only live once ;)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Man, that's going to be kewl.

...and huge.

Fireside just shipped my Gandalf on SF and Sauron's Mace. I'm really running out of places to put my stuff :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I just got the preorder link in my email from Fireside and it's already freaking sold out. Any idea how much it will be from Sideshow directly?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
9 inches? Where did you read that?

$175 isn't bad, I suppose I'll just order it there when it pops up. That is, unless it's actually 9" ...then I might not order it at all.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Ah crap. I guess that is a target price for a smaller (baby-Rog-esque) size, but damn. I don't think I'll be getting it now. Nothing against the sculpt, I was just looking for something bigger.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I guess the dreams of a 1/6 scale statue were just that. To be fair, at that scale this beast would have been at least as tall as Sauron (2 feet +) and the same amount wide. The logistics of manufacturing and shipping such a beast would have been daunting - not to mention finding a place to display it!! ;)

Still looks like a cool sculpt. Look at the detail in that pic. I plan on ordering it.

Looks like the third party dealers are already sold through on both Galadriel & the Battle Troll. In the Fireside newsletter (which, like Matt, I saw too late) Bob mentioned that he only had a few. Makes me wonder if they are limiting the amount dealers can order, or are these both going to be relatively small edition sizes?

Joel Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Is that a beard? :D

Hi-Res pic is nice, hadn't seen that yet. It looks good. Scale is a concern, but OTOH I'm not sure I would want this towering over everything else. Two feet might be too much, and if you can't actually hit 1/6 then maybe it's better to step 'way down' to around 1/12 rather than being unclear on whether the same scale is inteded?

During my first screening when the big drummer-trolls came on I told the wife I wanted one of those. Mostly a joke - this is better I guess.

I would like a Gondorian soldier in another format though - I hope this isn't it for them.

Also, the latest newsletter states that the hobbits are done in less uncertain language than I've yet heard officially. I was still holding out for 'Meriadoc - Squire of Rohan'. Maybe not though.

Kami

Screenwriter
Rumors folks....

Aragorn on Steed (as strider)
Legolas and Gimli on steed
King of the Dead
Mumakil "environment" with the big haradrim mount on the ground just after legolas took it down

Those are all toyfair rumors...

And other ones for later in the year possibly

Eomer on Steed
Mouth of Sauron on steed.

Some are more confirmed than others, let's just say we won't be disappointed and I don't think peolpe are going to be forking over $1000+ for that aragorn statue anymore.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

I've noticed that as well, which I guess means the end of my dream of a Sam carrying Frodo on Mt. Doom statue. Oh well. :frowning:

Re: Kami's rumors:

Heck of a lot of "on steed" statues in that list.

Not sure if a Legolas/Gimli on steed holds much appeal to me. If they're going to revisit these two, there are much better poses.

"Strider" on steed honestly doesn't make much sense. The first time we saw that character on horseback was in TTT, and by then the "Strider" moniker was long forgotten.

Eomer on steed - Finally! A mounted Rohan character. What took them so long?? A must-have (assuming the pose works, of course).

MoS on steed - I know a lot of folks are jonesing for this one, althogh I'm not sure I want to drop 300 bones on a character who was on screen for 2 minutes in the EE only.

KotD - No surprise here. Should be a good one.

Mumakil "environment" - Put aside those dreams of a big-ass Mumik, this will be a smaller scale "beastie" sculpt like Fell Beast, baby Rog, Shelob, & the new Attack Troll. However, if it's as nice as Shelob (and as the troll appears to be) it will be a good piece to have (and it won't break the bank).

Kami

Screenwriter
Craig - by Strider I mean Aragorn not in any sort of Gondor costume like his Black Gate attire. He could be in Helm's Deep armor for all I know, or it could be from TTT when he gets his horse from Eomer. That way they could market that statue plus the lego/gimli one as the "three hunters"

I think legolas and gimli on steed is gonna be great, and from what I hear (shhhh) it's 90% confirmed. Legolas with his bow drawn while the horse is running would be icing on the cake!

As for the mumak, yes it will be small and that's why its being dubbed an environment. It'll probably have pelennor fields below it, not just a black base....along with maybe some haradrim and rohan bodies, who knows. But I do know the big mount/whatever you wanna call it won't be on it's back. If it is in the statue, it'll be on the ground.

We'll wait and see....

Joel Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like a mixed bag Kami.

I guess we can't all have them produce exactly what's in our mind though. Would have *really* preferred a live & charging Mumak (even if 1/12 scale). There's a lot there to be excited about, but it would go a bit differently if I were picking. I'm pretty much inline with Craig's thoughts, though a bit more excited about the MoS perhaps.

Reserving judgement ...

;)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
My Gandalf on SF and Sauron's Mace just arrived from Fireside. Obviously I love the Gandalf, but I'm really impressed with the Mace. The translucent base is really kewl, and the mace itself is nice and big. Really nice piece for a pretty good price. I'll have to take some new collection pics soon.

On a related note...MAN, this was expensive month for me. Grima, Saruman, GoSF, and Sauron's Mace. That's like $600. Pretty high for someone with no money :D

...I better get that job I just interviewed for ;)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
It's hard to tell anything from that tiny KotD pic, but glad to know it's coming for sure.

My Sauron's Mace is on the way from Fireside. I almost passed on this one, but the good price from Fireside tipped the scales. Glad to hear it's a nice piece. Should look nice displayed alongside the One Ring of Sauron from MR and (soon, I hope) SSW's Sauron Helm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks