What's new

Sideshow/Weta LOTR Collectibles (1 Viewer)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I saw this in another forum. Apparently it's from a Sideshow catalog, and will be releasing in June/July. I think they said it'll be about $175, and it's about 6" high. Not sure of the diameter.

Oh, I've taken a few pictures of the statues that I have so far. Higher quality ones are on the way. http://homepage.mac.com/droeber

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I knew there would have to be a Shelob!! I was really hoping they would have Sam with Sting and the Phial of Galadriel in there as well, although perhaps that will be a companion statue like Ewoyn with the Morgul Lord.

I would expect to see a Mumikil as well. Eagles - oh yeah.

What I would most like to see (Sean mentioned it above) is that moment when Sam steadies himself after hoisting Frodo on his shoulders, just before beginning the final trek to the Sammath Naur. That shot was made for a statue.

I would buy all of this stuff. Credit-card meltdown, indeed!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I was talking to a friend about wanting a Mumikil as well. Man, I would buy a Sam carrying Frodo in a second.

...I pray most of this stuff doesn't see the light of day, otherwise I'm going to be living in a cardboard box next year at this time ;)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Suckers :)

I have bought nothing (I can't believe I passed on the $300 Balrog two years ago :frowning: ). But I'd buy Grond...

In a heartbeat,
Chuck

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
BTW...Dan, nice Gandalf the White. I was thinking about ordering that as well.

I've only got a few things, but I should have some pictures up today or tomorrow.

Kami

Screenwriter
Darko, that's pretty cool. The Weathertop environment looked really nice - I thought much better than any other environment released so far. I think I would buy it. I believe it about the Morgul Lord. They really need to put something in the pictures for comparison...that guy is a beast.

I'm not super impressed by that Shelob picture, but its probably a prototype. I think it would be cooler if it was entirely covered by rock. I can see a glimpse of the uruk-hai berserker below shelob...but what's to the right? Did this person scan the whole page?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I for one hope they never have a statue of Sam holding Elanor. I always cry when he scoops her up at the end of the film.

Thinking about ordering the Uruk-Hai Berserker. He's cooler everytime I look at him. I have to be careful as to what I buy myself, and what I tell my wife would make a good gift.

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
Kami, not as nice as the Moria environment(oops.. did I say that) with the fellowship running across the bridge:D :D :D

Kami

Screenwriter
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I'm gonna need another credit card.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Cool! I ordered 2 with hopes they'd be awesome.

I'm going to pay off all my credit card debt this month, so I'll be ready. Bring it on!!! :D

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
The person at Sideshow told me that the way the mace is attatched makes it look like he is about to swing it. The mace itself is not attatched to the body in any way.

Here's another tidbit for Kami; Apparently, originally the Argonath were going to be an environment. They were supposed to be mounted on a base, with the river flowing between them. It was later decided to make the Argonath part of the DVD gift set.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
OMG, I hope you're not pulling our legs on that one!

Although I can see that might fall into the "too delicate to manufacture" category.

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
No, the Moria environment wasn't the delicate one. Basically, what you have there is a view through the mountain down to the bridge.

Kami

Screenwriter
So Darko, on their site they say "more products and images will be released during our toy fair coverage (Feb 15 - 18)." Do you know if they will be posting everything, and all the images at that time?

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
They had a large Orthanc statue design that they dropped apparently because it was going to be too delicate to ship, then they designed a smaller one.

If they make a Shelob I'll be all over it like a duck on a junebug.

I think it would be great to have one more Gollum statue the same size as the other two, showing him dancing after finally getting the ring.

Isn't anyone here going to order the bronze Gandalf the Grey with marble base? Limited edition of 36 worldwide, cast in batches of 9 from 4 artist proofs, and 27 are already sold, so they're on the last batch already. It weighs 100 pounds, made to order with 4-6 weeks delivery, and it's only $6,495.00 (50% deposit in advance). Limit 2 per person. :D

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
Kami, if you're subscribed to their newsletter, the announcements will be there before the website.
I was told that the announcements will be made within a few weeks.
I can't wait to see what they come out with!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Well the enthusiastic posts here rubbed off me somewhat. I have ordered and received the mini Shards of Narsil.

Let me echo Matt's statement it's a very nice piece.

So far I'm holding off ordering anything else. So far...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks