What's new

Showtime's "Dexter" (1 Viewer)

mylan

Screenwriter
My wife mentioned it first but when she did I could totally see it, he's kinda creepy.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I would agree that Deadwood is very good; but I think different strokes for different folks. I didn't enjoy Deadwood nearly as much as I'm enjoying Dexter.

Dear Barbie-

Be patient :)

Great episode tonight.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What a conceit for Tony Goldwyn (director and bad guy for the episode), but since I never have liked his work, the episode worked for me. :D

So the obvious clues from previous episode did lead to the reveal of the icetruck killer, and Dex is going to be in for a confrontation on 2 fronts when Ken and Barbie finally meet.

Loved Dexter's inner monologue during the analyst sessions. It's sort of funny how he undertakes these self-imposed undercover assignments to solve crimes (though the police cases will end up listed as suicides and not officially solved).

Perhaps we'll find out something else about Rita that makes her psychological makeup sympatico with Dexter's.

I chuckled at the "Is that Eric Carmen?" line.

ErichH

Screenwriter
Partrick - I totally agree about Goldwyn.

Should be fun watching Dex read his mssg reply next week. What a killer series!

I thought Huff was the best Showtime could do - this is even better. Good to hear they're signed for 2 more seasons.

E

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I just wonder what Dexter's reaction is going to be when he finds out Mr Ice Truck Killer is schtupping his sister? Will his kill be the usual clinical one, or will he actually 'lose it'? Or will he actually do his job and let the police, and the 'system', take care of it for once?

The flashbacks were interesting, showing how Dexter was forced to learn control even in the face of extreme provocation. This has no doubt served him in good stead over the years, but note how he almost lost it over a sister-related jibe, and had to be restrained by Harry (I should add James Remar is just great in this role!). Will this soft spot for his sister resurface in his dealings with the Ice Truck Killer?

Oddly, I rather liked how the Lt (whom I'm usually not particularly fond of) set up her boss the captain, and the DA, by having them state that they wanted to proceed with Perry's prosecution despite her notifying them that he had recanted his confession. Obviously a political ploy: since he took her credit for the arrest, he can take the blame if/when it is shown that Perry is the wrong guy, and she didn't work very hard in trying to persuade them.

It was rather 'amusing' to hear Rita declare that nothing Dexter did could scare her away. Will she reconsider if she ever finds out he's a killer?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Ahem. Six Feet Under. The Wire. I much prefer both to the Sopranos & Deadwood (both of which I like very much).

I've only seen 2.5 eps of Dexter so far. It's a curious blend: The narrative is as tight and focused as any network show (in contrast to the aforementioned series), but the language, violence and commercial-free rhythm put it firmly in the premium cable land. The result is... weird.

Michael C. Hall owns the character, and I find myself morbidly curious about his inner workings. But Lauren Velez is the real attraction for me here, man, what a fine woman :emoji_thumbsup:.

--
H

Chris

Senior HTF Member
See, I never got into Deadwood. Six Feet Under had a great first season, but after about season 2 or 3, I stopped caring for the show.

I don't know if I'd say this is the strongest first season since Sopranos, but I think it's the strongest first season I've seen in a while of anything currently on TV. So far this year, only Heroes and Dexter have made my "must see" as new programs.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I've been watching the whole series this weekend, I don't get Showtime and this makes me want to subscribe, I am totally addicted to this. Michael C. Hall deserved an Emmy nod

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Tonights ep continued the creepy dance between Dexter & The Ice Truck killer. Having the two of them so close together made the whole thing both creepy but gave it a real chess match kind of feel.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

You think Dex knows? I did not get that vibe.
Maybe he noticed the bagging and tying technique?
Deb is just a basket case. Are they doing that so I won't mind if Ice T Guy makes her one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks