What's new

Showtime's "Dexter" Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I'm glad Dex came to the realization that allowing Doakes to get captured alive by the FBI was a really Dumb Idea. Doakes know way too much detail on his activities that would make Dexter equally Suspicious. I don't know how it will play out but Doakes coming in talking isn't a viable plan. Isn't Doakes still a Major Player in the Novels? I know they are'nt following the novels anymore, but I was actually suprised by what is happenning with Doakes

Roger_R

Second Unit
Dave, about the novels and Doakes:

The second book is completely different to the second season. They end up chasing a guy who mutilates his victims by cutting of everything he can cut off, including limbs, but he keeps them alive. Doakes ends up being his last victim and without limbs and a tongue he can't be a cop anymore! He's barely in the third book.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Roger , thanks for the Info

Actually they seemed to have melded some of that plot into his Brother, when He Kidnapped the Security Guard. Doakes Fate might Wind up better here than in the Novels!

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Had this week's ep on in the background last night as I was running cable for my projector and remembered one of the best lines (paraphrasing) ...

How are you going to find out Lila’s real name?
I’ll rip her head off and look for a label.

mylan

Screenwriter
How are you going to find out Lila’s real name?
I’ll rip her head off and look for a label.

Yeah, that Deb is a feisty one!

Mary_P

Second Unit
So get this.... CBS is going to be looking to fill some primetime hours before too long, and reportedly they're considering using some of sister channel Showtime's series -- including "Dexter." Wow, this show would have to be pretty, er, butchered to play on network TV. Yikes.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Probably about as butchered as A&E's Sopranos airings.

That problem aside, I think this is actually a good idea for CBS. The show fits nicely with all of CBS's procedurals (i.e. the CSIs).

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I'm not ready for the season to be over.:frowning:
At least Dexter didn't turn himself in last week. I was sweating that one for a while.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Now that it's aired, is there any better finale for a season in recent memory? No big cliff-hangers, there is resolution.. but also a setup for where the show could go in the future.

This show has a very organic arch to it that grows as the characters themselves grow into their roles. Great shows really kind of catch that, and this show does it spectacularly well.

I absolutely loved

As Dexter showed up in London to set right an escaped wrong...

I loved this finale.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Damn fine finale. I thought there was going to a major loose end until the junket abroad.

L8NVR

Auditioning
Real Name
Gerry
It was a great ending to an absolutely fantastic season. Thanks to everybody here for putting me on to this show late last season. 1st season was great, but 2nd was even better. Really looking forward to next year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I though it was funny how Dex got his mojo back, even after realizing how horrifying he had become to his father as his father's response to actually seeing Dexter's killing instinct on display was to kill himself.

I expect Dexter to start wearing a cape after his discovering his improved purpose in life. :D

Joe S

Second Unit
The ending really surprised me, thought that loose end might come back to haunt him at a later date. Just wondering how he disposed of the body in a city he wasn't familiar with.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Jeez, IMDB is really dropping the ball. One episode of Dexter had John Marshall Jones, (Frank Hayes from JOHN DOE) and Episode 5 had Tony Amendola (SG-1's Bra'tac), (at least I'm pretty sure it was those 2 actors), and no credit for either actor on the IMDB pages.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Fantastic Finale... Geez did anyone else think Darkman re: Doakes ?

The Ending was typical of this series, no cliched Cliffhanger, the show is confident that people will return by the quality of the stories it tells, no need to worry about that. I Have'nt Picked up the DVD Set yet I'm kinda Hoping For a HD set sometime in the future.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else enjoy the dynamic duo of Doakes and Dexter teaming up against the drug thugs? Talk about a strange team-up/collaboration born out of survival.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks