What's new

Show Us Your Fall Colors (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The colors haven't really started changing in Oklahoma and I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the parts of the state that actually have trees, but I am enjoying the pics that you are posting.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've driven all over Oklahoma, and I think I remember where the tree is. :D

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
DavidJ said:
The colors haven't really started changing in Oklahoma and I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the parts of the state that actually have trees, but I am enjoying the pics that you are posting.
The local news folks here in Green Country (OK) say we will hit our peak of colors in early November...oh and yes we have PLENTY of tress around here. :)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
JohnRice said:
I've driven all over Oklahoma, and I think I remember where the tree is. :D
Haha. It does seem like that, at times. West of I-35 you don't have much in the way of trees. East of I-35 is another matter. They may not be towering trees, but eastern Oklahoma can be quite pretty.
Alf S said:
The local news folks here in Green Country (OK) say we will hit our peak of colors in early November...oh and yes we have PLENTY of tress around here. :)
Wow, November. It has stayed green a lot longer than normal thanks to the abnormally wet and mild summer.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was planning on driving at least up to the summit of Trail Ridge Road tomorrow, by far the highest road in this part of the State, and actually the highest continuous, paved road in the US. Might be lucky enough to find some trees that still have color, and maybe some nice color in the ground cover. Unfortunately, it's snowed in. Yep, that's right. It might open again before summer, or it might not. Probably not tomorrow, in any case.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Bummer, John. The weather doesn't always cooperate.

I stopped to take a few shots on my way home from work today. These are from a parkway I take on my daily commute called Hines Park. The colors are just starting to turn. I brought along my new Canon EOS M in case things looked interesting - I do not like to take my full sized dSLRs to work. Hopefully the colors & weather will hold out until I get the polarizing filter I just ordered.

IMG_0232-XL.jpg

IMG_0239-XL.jpg

IMG_0233-XL.jpg

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My circular polarizer arrived for the EOS M. I tried a few shots this afternoon. Adjusting a CPL via a rear LCD screen is more difficult than via an optical viewfinder, so I probably did not get it adjusted optimally.

IMG_0243-XL.jpg

IMG_0247-XL.jpg

IMG_0248-XL.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks, Scott. Looks like it's still just getting started there.

Sam? Where are you Sam?

I've been clogged up with the nasty funk since Wednesday, so nothing new. I haven't posted anything from a trip last Saturday because I didn't want to monopolize the thread.

The colors are still only just arriving here in town.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Not sure this counts, but it was taken in the fall, and it has colors. ;) We were at our place in South Carolina last week, so no autumn foliage for me down there, but this sunset from our condo complex turned out cool.

451A1417-XL.jpg

It looks like the colors are getting close to peak here in southeast Michigan, so hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can get something worth posting this week.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Lotsa rain out here too, washing away what little fall color was starting to show.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I brought the compact EOS M with me to the golf course on Saturday. It was supposed to be sunny, but the sun didn't actually peak out until the 18th hole -- damn weathermen are always wrong. :angry:

IMG_0354-XL.jpg

IMG_0350-XL.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Along with Sam and Cameron, we have been having dreary dark days here, too for the last week.

I had been wanting to take a picture--just for this thread--of a big beautiful maple tree in the city where I live which turns a beautiful yellow each year.

But it turned right before the rain set in. We finally had a bit of sun today, but as you can see, the top third of the tree was already mostly gone.

gallery_286742_34_5064677.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks