What's new

Shout! Factory's 2012 DVD Line-Up (Tentative) (1 Viewer)

Jeffery Allen

Auditioning
Is there any chance SHOUT! could pick up the films of Mike Jittlov (The Wizard of Speed and Time and his shorts) or the Michael Nesmith television series "Television Parts"?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
b1c8bfd9_383178_2359515380486_1028314617_32201148_1950174738_n.jpeg

APRIL 17

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I don't know, Cliff has been almost MIA on facebook for the past 2 months, and any questions I pose to him, don't get answered, for some reason. Without Cliff's input I can't answer your question. I think this thread might suffer, too. I'm hoping, maybe, he's just hard at work. It's weird, though. He's always on facebook. Don't even see him much anymore on any of the message boards he use to frequent either. My luck, he probably got sick of sharing information.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Thank God, he finally replied: "Student Nurses will be in another release along with STUDENT TEACHERS and SUMMER SCHOOL TEACHERS."

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
That is good to hear about Student Nurses.
So it seems with the titles Cliff has confirmed, the remaining four sets could be:
HEAVENLY BIKERS
Angels Hard As They Come, Bury Me An Angel and Naked Angel
CORMAN UNIVERSITY
Student Nurses, Student Teachers and Summer School Teachers
LETHAL LADIES 3
The Hot Box, Big Bust Out, Woman Hunt
DANGER
Black Oak Conspiracy, Savage! and Sweet Kill

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
walter o said:
I am sure tunes by Johnny Cash will prevent this from coming outunless its MOD
That, and, as I understand it, Redford is really not a big fan of this film. Could be that he's not so enthused with what a lout his character is. Of course, that's one of the things that makes '70s cinema so special. The good guys weren't afraid to play truly unsympathetic protagonists.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
WaveCrest said:
Monsignor (1982), starring Christopher Reeve, Genevieve Bujold, Jason Miller and Fernando Rey, is available to pre-order on DVD on Amazon.com with a release date of Tuesday 31st January:
Monsignor (1982) - Amazon.com DVD pre-order listing pagehttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=hometheaterforum-20&l=ur2&o=1
I really hope this has some extras. It was surely one of the "turkeys" that Reeve used to talk about haunting him on the video shelves, but it is a damned entertaining one. Has anything been hinted at? I'd expect a trailer, but hope that Cliff and co. are able to unearth some other goodies.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Jon Hertzberg said:
That, and, as I understand it, Redford is really not a big fan of this film. Could be that he's not so enthused with what a lout his character is. Of course, that's one of the things that makes '70s cinema so special. The good guys weren't afraid to play truly unsympathetic protagonists.
Elmer Bernstein said that movie was the true nature of Redford.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Jon Hertzberg said:
Hadn't read that, but it doesn't surprise.
I got to meet Elmer in person when he came to our film school. He was still ticked off that Redford yanked him on a soundtrack. His best quote was "Robert Redford imagines himself as a statue in Central Park that is so magnificent and shiny that pigeons dare not (crap) on it."

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Corey3rd said:
I got to meet Elmer in person when he came to our film school. He was still ticked off that Redford yanked him on a soundtrack. His best quote was "Robert Redford imagines himself as a statue in Central Park that is so magnificent and shiny that pigeons dare not (crap) on it."
Redford has(had) a history of replacing composers. Elmer Bernstein was replaced by Mark Isham on River Run's Through It. And John Barry was replaced by Thomas Newman on The Horse Whisperer.
This was after both composers completed their scores. I'm surprised he didn't replace Isham on The Conspirator.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Corey3rd /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative/30#post_3871294
That is good to hear about Student Nurses.
So it seems with the titles Cliff has confirmed, the remaining four sets could be:
HEAVENLY BIKERS
Angels Hard As They Come, Bury Me An Angel and Naked Angel
CORMAN UNIVERSITY
Student Nurses, Student Teachers and Summer School Teachers
LETHAL LADIES 3
The Hot Box, Big Bust Out, Woman Hunt
DANGER
Black Oak Conspiracy, Savage! and Sweet Kill
Thanks for sharing this Joe.

Possibly, may get the Heavenly Bikers DVD set. Not interested in the Corman University set. Will likely get the Lethal Ladies 3 set. Definitely getting the Danger set (for the films Black Oak Conspiracy and Sweet Kill).

Are there any other unnannounced titles planned for release by Shout around next Spring?

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
WaveCrest said:
Thanks for sharing this Corey.
Possibly, may get the Heavenly Bikers DVD set. Not interested in the Corman University set. Will likely get the Lethal Ladies 3 set. Definitely getting the Danger set (for the films Black Oak Conspiracy and Sweet Kill).
Are there any other unnannounced titles planned for release by Shout around next Spring?
These are just my guesses of how things would go together based on titles that have been announced - and I just made up titles for ones not confirmed.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Thomas T /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative#post_3864788
For those with region free players, End Of The Game is available from Germany.
Just a word of warning: The German-language version of this film, entitled Der Richter und sein Henker, has indeed been released on DVD and blu-ray in Germany under the Concorde label. It's a nice-looking disc that has both the German dub and the original English audio options. But it is eleven minutes shorter than the English-language version shown in the US. That's eleven minutes AFTER accounting for PAL speed-up. The deletions were apparently made in order to improve the pace and do not appear to be censor cuts. At least three entire scenes have been dropped, and several other scenes have been shortened.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Cliff talks about working on the Corman series.
http://twitchfilm.com/interviews/2011/12/curating-the-corman-collection-with-shout-factorys-cliff-macmillan.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TwitchEverything+%28Twitch%3A+Everything%29

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for sharing this Cliff interview Joe. An interesting read about the Roger Corman releases from Shout.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
At this point I'm a bit more curious about the non-Corman 2012 release slate from Shout. I know about Terror Train but what about other Fox acquisitions? The studio doesn't really have a sizable genre catalog, contemporary or otherwise, but there were a few titles licensed to Anchor Bay that I'd love to see hit Blu, particularly the excellent 1981 ghost flick THE ENTITY and, of course, CEMETERY MAN. But even if those were to hit the format there 's still the excitement of wondering what NEW titles may surface in the year to come, stuff never before available or shoddily handled.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks