What's new

Shout! Factory's 2012 DVD Line-Up (Tentative) (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Richard--W /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative#post_3859130
Let's hope this edition of The Last Hard Men will be widescreen and anamorphic. The previous release was full screen pan&scan.

What previous release?

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
This one:
04955ea0_51ojRGKs9XL.jpeg

You can buy it on amazon.UK or ebay.
Or maybe I'm confusing The Last Hard Men with Mountain Men, another Heston western. That is a widescreen film that is full screen pan&scan on DVD ... like Barbarosa and The Sheepman and several others I could mention.

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Richard--W /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative#post_3859350
This one:
04955ea0_51ojRGKs9XL.jpeg

You can buy it on amazon.UK or ebay.
Or maybe I'm confusing The Last Hard Men with Mountain Men, another Heston western. That is a widescreen film that is full screen pan&scan on DVD ... like Barbarosa and The Sheepman and several others I could mention.
The Mountain Men DVD was indeed pan & scan.

I have the Spanish PAL DVD of The Last Hard Men, and it is anamorphic 2.35:1 and an official release from Fox. I'm certain the film has never had an authorized Region 1 DVD release.

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Originally Posted by Jeffrey:K /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative#post_3859363
The Mountain Men DVD was indeed pan & scan.
I think that may have been a UK release, and perhaps that's the one Richard's mixing up. I have Sony's Spanish DVD of The Mountain Men and it's anamorphic scope - looks very nice too.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by SWFF /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative#post_3859103
Good catch, Richard, didn't even know they were releasing that one. Link added to opening post.
It's been listed underneath the Coming Soon heading on the cards/flyers in some of the last few Shout double feature titles.

Looking forward to the Walking Tall trilogy on Blu-ray.

EDIT: Front cover artwork for Monsignor is up on Amazon.com's DVD pre-order listing page for the title.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Suggestions for possible Shout film releases next year:

The Amateur (1981) - starring John Savage, Christopher Plummer, Arthur Hill, Nicholas Campbell and Ed Lauter
End of the Game (1975) - starring Jon Voight, Jacqueline Bisset, Robert Shaw and Gabriele Ferzetti
Eyewitness (1981) - starring Sigourney Weaver, William Hurt and Christopher Plummer
The Laughing Policeman (aka An Investigation of Murder) (1973) - too many to mention, including Walter Matthau, Bruce Dern, Louis Gossett Jr. and Anthony Zerbe
She Must Be Seeing Things (1987)
To Kill a Clown (1972) - starring Alan Alda and Blythe Danner.

Second Unit
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative#post_3864046
Suggestions for possible Shout film releases next year:

The Amateur (1981) - starring John Savage, Christopher Plummer, Arthur Hill, Nicholas Campbell and Ed Lauter
End of the Game (1975) - starring Jon Voight, Jacqueline Bisset, Robert Shaw and Gabriele Ferzetti
Eyewitness (1981) - starring Sigourney Weaver, William Hurt and Christopher Plummer
The Laughing Policeman (aka An Investigation of Murder) (1973) - too many to mention, including Walter Matthau, Bruce Dern, Louis Gossett Jr. and Anthony Zerbe
She Must Be Seeing Things (1987)
To Kill a Clown (1972) - starring Alan Alda and Blythe Danner.
The Laughing Policeman was released a few years ago on Fox's own label and is still available, so there's no call for a Shout! edition.

The Amateur was released by Anchor Bay (licensed from Fox) and, according to Amazon, is still in print. Eyewitness, also a Fox-licensed Anchor Bay release, is no longer in print.

I asked Cliff on another forum if Shout! had plans for End of the Game and he said that it was NOT part of their licensing agreement with Fox. I'm still hoping for some kind of release for that movie some time in the future.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Jeffrey:K /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative#post_3864073
The Laughing Policeman was released a few years ago on Fox's own label and is still available, so there's no call for a Shout! edition.
Thought there was no harm in asking about The Laughing Policeman. Trying to generate some discussion.

Would you have any film title suggestions for possible releases from Shout?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Jeffrey:K said:
I asked Cliff on another forum if Shout! had plans for End of the Game and he said that it was NOT part of their licensing agreement with Fox. I'm still hoping for some kind of release for that movie some time in the future.
For those with region free players, End Of The Game is available from Germany.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
[/quote]
This would seem a natural for Fox to license to Twilight Time for its beautiful Ennio Morricone score and international flavor. Its a great little flick.

Second Unit
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative#post_3864757
Thought there was no harm in asking about The Laughing Policeman. Trying to generate some discussion.

Would you have any film title suggestions for possible releases from Shout?
Sorry, I didn't intend for my reply to sound like some sort of reprimand. Careless wording perhaps. I didn't mean to suggest that there was anything wrong with asking, only that Shout! seems to only make deals with Fox for titles that are either out of print or have never before been released.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Thanksgiving is always the big day for MST3K DVD news.
Will Black Friday be the day we finally find out the upcoming releases for Roger Corman? Or is Cliff and the gang still inspecting the elements of the remaining titles to see which need the least amount of work? It's getting cold outside and it'd be nice to spend an evening in the Hot Box

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Jeffrey:K /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative/30#post_3864802
Sorry, I didn't intend for my reply to sound like some sort of reprimand. Careless wording perhaps. I didn't mean to suggest that there was anything wrong with asking, only that Shout! seems to only make deals with Fox for titles that are either out of print or have never before been released.
It appears to be more difficult with trying to figure which Fox titles Shout could release, which are not still available on DVD/MGM MOD and aren't yet OOP, compared to American International Pictures (AIP) and Vestron titles for example.

This was a further question I wanted to ask...is Fox the only film distributor which Shout have a deal with at the present time? Shouldn't be wishing my life away, but I'm thinking way ahead to Halloween next year, and what Fox horror films Shout could release as a double feature title, like they did with Bad Dreams and Visiting Hours.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Corey3rd /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative/30#post_3864962
Will Black Friday be the day we finally find out the upcoming releases for Roger Corman? Or is Cliff and the gang still inspecting the elements of the remaining titles to see which need the least amount of work? It's getting cold outside and it'd be nice to spend an evening in the Hot Box
Even though there are plenty of titles to go on for the next few months, I'm hoping one or two more Roger Corman titles/non-Roger Corman titles for 2012 are announced before the end of this year.

Also interested in reading more about Shout's planned releases of The Hot Box, Sweet Kill, Black Oak Conspiracy and the Blu-ray release of the Walking Tall trilogy (are there any plans to release the trilogy on DVD?).

Is it possible to get an interview with John Aprea and Angus Scrimm as an extra for Sweet Kill?

When (or if) the rights clear up, would like to see Shout re-release Chopping Mall on DVD.

Second Unit
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative/30#post_3865120

This was a further question I wanted to ask...is Fox the only film distributor which Shout have a deal with at the present time? Shouldn't be wishing my life away, but I'm thinking way ahead to Halloween next year, and what Fox horror films Shout could release as a double feature title, like they did with Bad Dreams and Visiting Hours.
Shout! has licensed the BCP Walking Tall trilogy from Paramount. Perhaps other titles in the BCP library owned by Paramount will be forthcoming. Willard, Ben, and The Reincarnation of Peter Proud would be good Halloween releases.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
The Paramount title that needs to come out on DVD is "Little Fauss and Big Halsy" with Robert Redford and Michael J. Pollard. The greatest movie about motocross ever. Redford is such a jerk as he abuses his "friendship" with Pollard.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Corey3rd said:
The Paramount title that needs to come out on DVD is "Little Fauss and Big Halsy" with Robert Redford and Michael J. Pollard. The greatest movie about motocross ever. Redford is such a jerk as he abuses his "friendship" with Pollard.
I am sure tunes by Johnny Cash will prevent this from coming outunless its MOD

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
bold said:
Thus, Scorpion (distributed by ADA/Ryko) and Code Red (distributed by Navarre) have split up the remainder of the library. I'm sure there are a few titles yet to be announced, but for the most part, if you cross reference your IMDb Cinerama list with the IMDb lists for those labels, you will be able to deduce what's likely to come from the licensing deal.

Impressed by the movie poster artwork for The Reincarnation of Peter Proud (1975). The theme of reincarnation reminds me of the X Files episode "The Field Where I Died", in which Mulder thinks he is the reincarnation of a Civil War soldier.

The only recognisable names to me in the cast are Margot Kidder, Norman Burton (Felix Leiter in Diamonds Are Forever (1971) and possibly Michael Sarrazin. Jennifer O'Neill's name rings a bell (on a side note, she also stars in the James Coburn film The Carey Treatment (1972), which has been released by Warner Archive).

Would like to see Special Delivery (1976) released as well on DVD.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
THE REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD has alot to reccommend. It's haunting score is worth it alone. Margot Kidder has possibly her best role and the film is compelling from beginning to end.
This is ripe for a remake. I could see James Franco as Proud. He has the aloofness the character needs. Mila Kunis and Angelina Jolie in the Kidder/O'Neill mother/daughter roles(the Jolie character has to age ).
Hopefully Paramount will release this on their own or through Olive. Its not tony enough for Criterion. Paramount has snuck out a few surprise catalog titles lately- MONTE WALSH and GRANDVIEW USA -thru Paramount proper.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
has Cliff mentioned if they're going to bust up the Nurses five films so that Student Nurses would be included on a set with The Student Teachers and Summer School Teachers so it can be Roger Corman's Scholar Cinema Collection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks