What's new

Shout! Factory's 2012 DVD Line-Up (Tentative) (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
[COLOR= #b22222][SIZE= 72px]http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/671775/width/350/height/700[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]http://www.shoutfactory.com/browse/318/roger_cormans_cult_classics.aspx

Other Films[/SIZE]

e4ad45a0_579875_126956964107990_1776650802_n.jpeg

Sep 18 - Halloween II (DVD & Blu-Ray)

Sep 18 - Halloween III (DVD & Blu-Ray)

Undated - Terror Train (DVD & Blu-Ray)

Undated - Phantasm II (DVD & Blu-Ray)

Undated - They Live (DVD & Blu-Ray)

Undated - Deadly Blessing (DVD & Blu-Ray)

Undated - Death Valley/The Island (Double Feature) DVD Only

Undated - The Funhouse (DVD & Blu-Ray)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Thought I'd start this thread, since there is already quite a few films set for release next year that is publically known.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Originally Posted by SWFF /t/314409/shout-factory-s-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative#post_3846388

Spring 2012 – Walking Tall/Walking Tall II/Walking Tall: The Final Chapter (Triple Feature) Blu-Ray
When was this announced? And does this mean that Shout! might have access to other BCP titles?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Cliff told me once they don't have the rights to that flick.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
NEWS FLASH… NEWS FLASH… NEWS FLASH

Attention Loyal Fans, Pop Culture Enthusiasts and Collectors…
LABOR DAY WEEKEND DEALS!

FREE SHIPPING ON THOUSANDS OF ITEMS

ALL LABOR DAY WEEKEND

AT SHOUT! FACTORY’S OFFICIAL ONLINE STORE SHOUTFACTORYSTORE.COM (http://www.shoutfactorystore.com)

The fine print: To be eligible for free shipping, your cart must contain $20.00 or greater (before tax) for orders shipping within the United States or $50.00 or greater (before tax) for orders shipping to Canada. Cart cannot include any releases available as preorders for offer to apply. This offer applies to standard shipping only. Offer only valid at ShoutFactory.com (http://www.shoutfactory.com) and ShoutFactoryStore.com (http://www.shoutfactorystore.com), Friday 9/2/11 12:00pm PST through Tuesday 9/6/11 12:00pm PST. Normal return policy applies.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The trailer for Sky Riders (1976) really sells the film. May have checked out the main IMDb page for The Last Hard Men (1976) before but forgot about it. Checked it again, and it sounds very good (Charlon Heston, Barbara Shelley, Michael Parks and Larry Wilcox also starring). This James Coburn double feature sounds promising. Hopefully (but I shouldn't doubt them) Shout will put the original movie poster artwork on the front cover.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
isn't Woman Hunt still on the slate although it was swapped out for Cover Girl Models.
Shame to hear about Cobra Woman although judging from the trailer, I think the best parts are covered in 2 minutes.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
SWFF said:
Cliff told me once they don't have the rights to that flick.
I asked Cliff last year if Shout had any plans to release Terror Train and he replied in the negative. Here we are, waiting for a release date :). I also asked about Cemetery Man, got the same response: No. Hey Shawn, are any of those 2012 Shout titles slasher films?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
The only titles I've been privy to are the ones I got listed in the opening post. I find out about them the instant Cliff makes a post about them, either here or on facebook. If there are more slasher flicks coming, I have yet to learn of them. He did say, though, that NEXT Halloween would see more horror releases. Apparently, TERROR TRAIN came about because Shout acquired W.W. AND THE DIXIE DANCEKINGS, but they found out they couldn't release it because they couldn't get clearance on a song in the film, so he went back to FOX and traded it in for TERROR TRAIN.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
elDomenechHTF said:
I asked Cliff last year if Shout had any plans to release Terror Train and he replied in the negative. Here we are, waiting for a release date :). I also asked about Cemetery Man, got the same response: No. Hey Shawn, are any of those 2012 Shout titles slasher films?
Over at AV Maniacs forums, Cliff said he asked Fox about Cemetery Man and they told him they no longer have the rights to the film. I would guess that the rights either reverted to Focus Features (since they now own the October Films catalog) or they've gone back to the film's producers.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
There are reports that the The Student Teachers and Summer School Teachers are going to get released. Are there other Educational New World releases to be the third?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Last Hard Men/Sky Riders (Double Feature) is no up for pre-order. Link in opening post, at the bottom.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
LETHAL LADIES COLLECTION, VOL. 2 is now up for pre-order. Link in opening post.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Good catch, Richard, didn't even know they were releasing that one. Link added to opening post.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Let's hope this edition of The Last Hard Men will be widescreen and anamorphic. The previous release was full screen pan&scan. The film is a little too high-strung and too pre-occupied with rape or at least the constant threat of rape to be an enjoyable, but it's well-acted, it looks splendid, and director McLaglen knows how to compose a widescreen frame in the classic western tradition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks