What's new

Shout! Factory's 2011 DVD Line-Up (Tentative) (1 Viewer)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
cliff posted good news at another forum
"We are moving forward with FLY ME. There will some emultion scratches on the first and fourth reels, but in my opinion, it's still very watchable... so it will be on volume 2 of LETHAL LADIES along with COVER GIRL MODELS and THE ARENA.":
and Terror Train on Blu-ray in 2012

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Corey3rd
cliff posted good news at another forum
"We are moving forward with FLY ME. There will some emultion scratches on the first and fourth reels, but in my opinion, it's still very watchable... so it will be on volume 2 of LETHAL LADIES along with COVER GIRL MODELS and THE ARENA.":
and Terror Train on Blu-ray in 2012
Great news. Dosen't bother me at all that there will be some scratches on the reels. Adds to the viewing experience.

Cover Girl Murders (1975) sounds good.

I'm assuming Terror Train is the 1980 Jamie Lee Curtis film?

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Cliff has hinted that Vol 3 of Lethal Ladies might be The Hot Box, The Big Bust Out and Woman Hunt.
Just when it seemed this series was calming down, it heats up with more sweaty Filipino action

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Corey3rd
Cliff has hinted that Vol 3 of Lethal Ladies might be The Hot Box, The Big Bust Out and Woman Hunt.
Just when it seemed this series was calming down, it heats up with more sweaty Filipino action
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing this bit of kind of news.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
TVshowondvd has printed the Shout! catalog listing everything for the rest of the year
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Conan-Adventurer-Season-2-Part-1/15717

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
The only films I see for November-December listed there are 99 and 44/100% Dead / The Nickel Ride Double Feature and Monsignor (1982) both slated for Nov 8...

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
There's quite a bit of Viacom/Paramount TV material in there - I take this to mean there's a relationship between the studios. Shout would do a great job with titles like Dr. Terror's House of Horrors should this deal blossom into feature films someday. They've got a foot in the door as they say.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by GregoryMesh
The only films I see for November-December listed there are 99 and 44/100% Dead / The Nickel Ride Double Feature and Monsignor (1982) both slated for Nov 8...
Monsignor (1982) was listed in the Coming Soon section on a card inside one of Shout's recent double feature releases...

The release date is new news though.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Luisito34
Shout would do a great job with titles like Dr. Terror's House of Horrors should this deal blossom into feature films someday. They've got a foot in the door as they say.
That would be great if Shout could release some Paramount films titles one day, I agree.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
WaveCrest said:
That would be great if Shout could release some Paramount films titles one day, I agree.
it seems like Olive and Criterion have grabbed many of the tasty Paramount vault titles - although the remaining Martin & Lewis titles would be nice.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Thought I'd post a TV question for Cliff on the feature film threads because I believe there might be a better chance he'll see it and reply. Anyway, Cliff - obviously Shout! Factory has a relationship with Viacom/Paramount judging by all the Nickelodeon stuff coming out. What are the prospects of Shout acquiring the remainder of Family Ties? It's killing me (and I'm sure others feel the same way) that Paramount decided to just drop the remaining two seasons of what must've been a top-selling series on DVD. I refuse to believe the DVDs were not selling well. If they weren't selling well Paramount wouldn't have released each season three months apart up to season 5. It would be great if Shout could do a complete series release with some extras. A reunion featurette would be icing on the cake.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Had been wondering myself if any film titles were being released by Shout! Factory in December.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
November titles are now added to Amazon. Just search for Shout Factory and sort by release date. Besides 99 And 44/100% Dead / The Nickel Ride Double Feature was surprised to see Captain America TV films double feature.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Checked Amazon.com's listing page for Shout's September release of Bad Dreams and Visiting Hours, to see whether the DVD extras details had been added to the page, and they had been added:

Bad Dreams:

Anamorphic widescreen transfer (1.78:1)
New Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack
Commentary with Writer/Director, Andrew Fleming
Interviews with Actors Jennifer Rubin, Bruce Abbott, Richard Lynch and Dean Cameron
The special effects of Bad Dreams
Behind the scenes of Bad Dreams original ending
Theatrical trailer

Visiting Hours:

Anamorphic widescreen transfer (1.78:1)
Theatrical trailer, radio and TV spots.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
For some reason I get put in an Amazon pre-order link for THE NICKEL RIDE/99 And 44/100% DEAD (Double Feature) in the opening post. So, here it is right here.

UPDATE: The link wouldn't take here either. Can't figure it out.

UPDATE 2: Now it took. Opening post link might be okay too. Jesus, I HATE computers.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
That Link isn't working! Try This...
http://www.amazon.com/100%25-Dead-Nickel-Double-Feature/dp/B005G5NPNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313214557&sr=8-1

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
I hope nobody minds a lengthy list of TV series to inquire about. Originally I was just going to ask about The Byrds of Paradise but it took on a life of its own.
I figure most can probably be eliminated depending on which studios/companies might be known to license things out or not before even getting to whether or not Shout! might even have interest in them.
Any chance any of the following might hold interest to Shout!?
Bob
Boston Common
Brimstone
Brooklyn Bridge
Byrds of Paradise, The
C-16: FBI
Class of '96
Cupid
EZ Streets
Flying Blind
George & Leo
Get a Life
Get Real
Going to Extremes
Herman's Head
Homefront
I'll Fly Away
Jack & Jill
John Larroquette Show, The
Life With Louie
Maximum Bob
Moon Over Miami
My Sister Sam
Partners
Relativity
Remember WENN
Stark Raving Mad
Strange Luck
The Visitor
VR.5

cliff mac

Insider
We've looked at a lot of those shows over the years. Many of them have music issues. Too expensive to clear relative to how many we figure we can sell.... and just as expensive to replace the music.
TV on DVD sales are declining, so it makes acquiring a lot of shows impossible because of the music and licensing fees.
The studios keep digital rights and we are left with just physical rights... and unless it's a big show... or a show with little music.. it's hard to recoup your investment in the show.
Shows like ADAM-12 and KOJAK have very little music, so as long as there are still people buying them, we can afford to release them.
AnthonyP said:
I hope nobody minds a lengthy list of TV series to inquire about. Originally I was just going to ask about The Byrds of Paradise but it took on a life of its own.
I figure most can probably be eliminated depending on which studios/companies might be known to license things out or not before even getting to whether or not Shout! might even have interest in them.
Any chance any of the following might hold interest to Shout!?
Bob
Boston Common
Brimstone
Brooklyn Bridge
Byrds of Paradise, The
C-16: FBI
Class of '96
Cupid
EZ Streets
Flying Blind
George & Leo
Get a Life
Get Real
Going to Extremes
Herman's Head
Homefront
I'll Fly Away
Jack & Jill
John Larroquette Show, The
Life With Louie
Maximum Bob
Moon Over Miami
My Sister Sam
Partners
Relativity
Remember WENN
Stark Raving Mad
Strange Luck
The Visitor
VR.5

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks