What's new

Shout! Factory TV Series Status Page (1 Viewer)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Shout's usually the one that'll finish a show

Really?!

California Dreams, My Two Dads, Parker Lewis Can't Lose & Rhoda all have one season left un-released. It appears that Mr. Ed will unfortunately be joining this club as another stalled series abandoned right before its final release. Shout! Factory appears to be taking a page out of Paramount's book- release a series then abandon it right at the very end and leave the final season unreleased. Sorry but I don't understand the logic here, if they made it to the final season then that means the previous ones were selling well otherwise they would have only released one or two seasons?! What makes matters worse is that just like Rhoda, the final season of Mr. Ed is a short one so the costs should be lower since there are less episodes and thus less discs in the set?!

This company started out great with regards to releasing Classic TV on DVD but things have spiraled downward in the last little while IMO. You have stalled releases, edited episodes on some releases, technical glitches and the wonderful Select program where people have to wait longer between releases (if they even put out any subsequent releases) and they are more expensive then retail releases.

Mr. Papagiorgio

Stunt Coordinator
Parker Lewis' main problem is music rights related. It was pretty much said that the last set didn't sell enough to justify the expense of trying to obtain those music rights. Otherwise, it would probably have gotten a Shout! Select release. The first two seasons were both retail.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

Here Come the Brides (final season released in February) and Adam-12 (final season coming out this month) have been removed from the list.

Expanded list to include info on animated series released by Shout!

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
that sucks as was really hoping to complete California Dreams, was a show I loved as a teenager

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
and the wonderful Select program where people have to wait longer between releases (if they even put out any subsequent releases) and they are more expensive then retail releases.
That reminds me, just WHEN are they going to give us another Select title in the tradition of giving a low-selling title one more chance? I thought that was the whole point of the program to begin with but it's been more than a year since Shout gave us a Select title in that sense of the term, and at bare minimum they should give us one more year of "Marcus Welby MD" since the first two years that underwhelmed sales wise were retail release.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

S.W.A.T., Route 66 (final seasons released in May) and Route 66 & Sarah Silverman Program (complete series released in May) moved to completed list.

Fantasy Island added to the list as Season 2 released in May

Status changes

Mister Ed has been changed to 'Status Unknown' as it is not clear whether Shout! plans on releasing the final season at some point or if this show has been abandoned?!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Nick, thanks for keeping people up to speed with releases of Shout's TV titles.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
I didn't see this mentioned in this thread:
SCTV -- NBC 90-minute shows (commonly referred to as "Seasons 4 and 5") all released except for three "Best Of" shows (which included some skits from earlier seasons still unreleased)
Season 1 -- unreleased apart from whatever skits were reused in 90-minute shows included on Volumes 1 and 2
Season 2 -- three episodes included on The Best Of The Early Years (comment for Season 1 also applies)
Season 3 -- twelve episodes included on The Best Of The Early Years (comment for Season 1 also applies)
SCTV Channel (final 18 episodes shown on Cinemax) -- unreleased
All the Underdog cartoons are released (though some are edited), but not every segment of all the supporting cartoons from that show have been released. Same for Tennessee Tuxedo.

Charles H

Screenwriter
DVD Empire is taking preorders for JACK BENNY: THE LOST EPISODES (Shout Factory). Anyone have any info on this?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
No info but I found this writeup at an overseas dealer website DVD Clash. It lists a release date of September 11, 660 minutes.
I suspect that what this is, is a package of episodes totally separate from the MCA/Universal owned filmed episodes that have been the basis of the syndication package over the years, and that these are more of the live and videotape episodes that would alternate with those filmed shows (in which most would exist only as kinescopes).

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
Here's a link to Sitcoms Online with pre-order links included:
http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2012/06/digital-digest-jack-benny-from-shout.html

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
Mr. Papagiorgio said:
Parker Lewis' main problem is music rights related. It was pretty much said that the last set didn't sell enough to justify the expense of trying to obtain those music rights. Otherwise, it would probably have gotten a Shout! Select release. The first two seasons were both retail.
If you have a region-free player you can get the German release. I actually got it through Amazon Italy - it was slightly cheaper.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

Designing Women and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (1989) (final seasons released in July) moved to completed list.

Diff'rent Strokes added to the list as Season 3 released in July

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

The Rookies added to the list as Season 2 was released in August

The Adventures of Tin Tin and The Super Hero Squad Show (final season/volume released in August), moved to completed list.

Status changes

The Facts of Life has been changed to 'Abandoned' as it does not appear as though Shout! plans on releasing any more seasons?!

Mr. Papagiorgio

Stunt Coordinator
I think Conan the Adventurer is in serious danger of not being completed. They said the last set didn't sell as much as they hoped and it has been awhile since there has been any news.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

The following were all moved to the completed list:

Kojak (final season released in September)
Get a Life (complete series set released in September)

G.I. Joe: Renegades (final volume released in September)

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
According to DVD Empire Quincy Season 5 is due 3/19/13 and Law & Order: Criminal Intent's final season due 3/12/13.

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1635829

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1635808

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I'm still waiting for Mister Ed season 6. I bought all 5 seasons at full price through Shout!'s website, hoping to support the cause. I'd hate to see this show abandoned with a measly 13 episodes left un-released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks