What's new

Shout! Factory TV Series Status Page (1 Viewer)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

The following were added to the completed list since the last update:

WKRP in Cincinnati (Final season will be released on October 28)

Danny Phantom (Final season will be released on October 14)

Other

The Big Valley final season will be released on October 28 (Timeless Media release)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Wezzo said:
Crossing my fingers that Diff'rent Strokes and Mad About You both get the Shout! complete series treatment soon; it seems the most likely way they're going to get completed on DVD. I imagine Diff'rent Strokes is more likely, given what I presume is its similar fanbase to The Facts of Life.
I'm surprised Diff'rent Strokes didn't at least make it to season 5, which features two of the show's most famous (or infamous) episodes: "The Bicycle Man" (the child molester one) and "The Reporter" (the Nancy Reagan/Just Say No episode).

Wezzo

Second Unit
MatthewA said:
I'm surprised Diff'rent Strokes didn't at least make it to season 5, which features two of the show's most famous (or infamous) episodes: "The Bicycle Man" (the child molester one) and "The Reporter" (the Nancy Reagan/Just Say No episode).
Yeah, it's actually my favourite season of the show, so it's especially frustrating. (I mean, I'd buy S6-8 on release day too, but I want season 5 even moreso.)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

The following was added to the completed list since the last update:

Sgt. Bilko: The Phil Silvers Show (Complete series will be released on November 4)

Other

Quincy, M.E. season 7 will be released on November 11

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
Updated listing,

The following was added to the completed list since the last update:

Sgt. Bilko: The Phil Silvers Show (Complete series will be released on November 4)

Other

Quincy, M.E. season 7 will be released on November 11
Quincy is out already if you order with Shout. I bought it and love the show.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I would love, love, love to see SHOUT pick up the sequel to Sanford and Son, SANFORD. Redd Foxx was still funny!!

And I would add STILL THE BEAVER / THE NEW LITB but I recently read that the rights to that show are in some sort of legal tangled limbo. Sad.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
bretmaverick2 said:
And I would add STILL THE BEAVER / THE NEW LITB but I recently read that the rights to that show are in some sort of legal tangled limbo. Sad.
Let me guess: Disney owns half of Still the Beaver and won't do anything with it.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Those that pre=ordered The Jeffersons…the DVDs have been shipped this week and should arrive by the end of the week!!

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

The following were added to the completed list since the last update:

Mister Ed (Complete series will be released on December 9)

Other

The Jeffersons complete series will be released on December 9

Zane Grey Theater season 3 was released on December 2 (Timeless Media release)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Shout! has now announced releases through March 2015, there has been no word on any more releases of Newhart or L.A. Law?! They are releasing another season of NYPD Blue in January (the last release was last month), I hope these two shows haven't become stalled?! Hopefully, they are in the midst of acquiring the rights to more seasons of both shows, thus the reason for the delay.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
bretmaverick2 said:
I would love, love, love to see SHOUT pick up the sequel to Sanford and Son, SANFORD. Redd Foxx was still funny!!

legal entanglements will no doubt untangle. but when is a different question ?

i still recall when they first started putting oldies out on cd.

of all the artists that i can recall, the chubby checker one was the worst.

up until a month ago, i was not aware that it had finally gotten untangled - i guess about 5 years ago.

but it was a good 20 years before anything but the twist was released.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
Shout! has now announced releases through March 2015, there has been no word on any more releases of Newhart or L.A. Law?! They are releasing another season of NYPD Blue in January (the last release was last month), I hope these two shows haven't become stalled?! Hopefully, they are in the midst of acquiring the rights to more seasons of both shows, thus the reason for the delay.
thanks for the thread,

is this list on the shout site ? or did you compile them all yourself ?

i noticed that you gave reasons for quite a few of the shows of why it had stalled or stopped. is this info available on the shout site ?

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
is this list on the shout site ? or did you compile them all yourself ?
This is my list, I created it myself.
i noticed that you gave reasons for quite a few of the shows of why it had stalled or stopped. is this info available on the shout site ?
The info about each show I compiled myself based on what I have read on here and the info that TVShowsonDVD.com has listed on their site. They have a section on stalled shows and an explanation on each one based on information they have received from the studios or the company releasing the series on DVD.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
hi,

your first post lists a whole bunch of shows, and places them in various lists

you then have a bunch more smaller posts where you update the lists

i havent checked all the pages, but i have looked back at the last 5-6

you must obviously keep the full list somewhere on your computer, as you add and delete ?

do you once in awhile post the full updated list here on this thread ?

thanks again, wonderful work.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
I share your concern regarding Newhart and LA Law, but I think/hope that once Quincy (which had its share of delays) is completed next spring and Hart to Hart gets closer to completion with the Season 4 release, Shout may return to these. I'm especially eager regarding LA Law, since the Region 2 releases seem to have stalled out after Season 6. Seasons 7 & 8 have been repeatedly scheduled and then postponed for over a year.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I suspect that we can safely count on 2 or 3 more seasons of Newhart next year (I don't see it getting finished in 2015), although I'm also sort of surprised that they don't have season 5 lined up for February-March. So I can understand the concern.

Their schedules don't really seem to follow patterns like some other publisher's do, so it's probably nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks