What's new

Shout! Factory TV Series Status Page (1 Viewer)

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
IntoIt said:
And Neil Brock has said time and time again that the more intelligent a particular TV Series is, the poorer it does on DVD.
And Neil Brock is hoping for East Side-West Side to come out, maybe from Shout-owned TMG.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I asked this in the Fridays thread but never got an answer,so I'll ask here. Has anybody heard anything regarding how Fridays sold? I hope well enough to get a second volume released next year.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Anyone know what happened with Quincy, does Shout! plan on finishing this?! The last release was back in July and they have now announced releases through March 2014 with no sign of any further releases. There are only two seasons left and based on the pace of the three seasons Shout has released I thought this one was doing well and would be finished?!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I have sent a couple of emails asking them about Quincy, but never received a response. I wrote to TVShowsonDVD and asked if they had heard anything. They said they had no specific information about future plans but had heard that the series had not sold well for Shout.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
Anyone know what happened with Quincy, does Shout! plan on finishing this?!
It would be great if the series gets finished, but honestly I'm pretty happy that Shout! even released seasons 4,5, and 6 because after the huge amount of time that passed after the first box that had seasons 1 and 2, in 2005, I thought that was it for releases. Then in 2009 came season 3, and I thought that was going to be it, since another three years passed. I'm glad to have six seasons.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
I hope for "Police Woman" Season 3 and 4. I also hope that they get the rights from Fox to continue "The Fall Guy" with Lee Majors and Sony´s "Hart to Hart"-Season 3-5.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm not surprised Quincy ground to a halt because as the show went on it was nothing more than an advocacy program with incidental storytelling. I was glad we got one release which had the key episode I wanted from the run (Jessica Walter in a dual role as a woman who kills her twin sister) but I can frankly live with it not being complete at tihs point (I can not say the same of the long abandoned Ironside).

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
the only Quincy I remember is one I saw when it originally aired. They follow a cheap hand gun around from person to person. I remember thinking that was some of the best television I ever saw.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Good show, although it did borrow the basic conceit from a Levinson and Link tv-movie. The episode is called "Guns Don't Die" and it would be on the next set to be released.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
FanCollector said:
I have sent a couple of emails asking them about Quincy, but never received a response. I wrote to TVShowsonDVD and asked if they had heard anything. They said they had no specific information about future plans but had heard that the series had not sold well for Shout.
I have sent emails to them as well about various titles and never received a reply either, it appears they can't be bothered answering customer inquiries yet expect you to buy the stuff they release. ;)

As for it not selling well that doesn't really makes sense IMO. Shout! released three seaons in the span of 7 months, to me that indicates that it did sell well. Perhaps they meant to say that season 6 did not sell well, that I could see as it has been mentioned that each subsequent season tends to sell less then the previous one. Are they not even going to try and finish it through the Select program, Simon & Simon only made it 4 seasons in retail yet they managed to release the final four seasons via Shout! Select.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah when quince started Soapboxing spending more time away from the Morgue, the show lost its spark

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
borisfw said:
I've also been waiting for season 6 of Mr Ed . Actually I kinda thought it was a lost cause . But I'm still hoping . As others have mentioned in this thread , it's only 13 ep . Two discs . Come on Shout lets finish this series off .
I'd really like to see them do a complete series for this and mayb Father Knows Best.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I'd lioke th
JoeDoakes said:
I'd really like to see them do a complete series for this and mayb Father Knows Best.
I'd like them to release a complete Wagon Train box set, without the cardboard slots for the discs , using regular Plastic DVD cxases .

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

The following were added to the completed list since the last update:

Hazel (Season 5 will be released on January 14)
V.R. Troopers (Season 2, Volume 2 will be released on January 14)

Status updates

Diff'rent Strokes, Fantasy Island & Webster have been changed to 'Abandoned' as it has been over a year since the last release and no announcements have been made about future releases.

Quincy, M.E. has been changed to 'Status Unknown' as it has been over 6 months since the last release and is not known if any more seasons will be released?!

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I wish that Fantasy Island would be completed.

I would really like the re-launch of the series to be released. I thought it was a great re-imagining of the show that added to the original and didn't act like it never happened.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

The following were added to the completed list since the last update:

The Angry Beavers (Final season will be released on February 4 via Shout! Select)

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I'd lioke th I'd like them to release a complete Wagon Train box set, without the cardboard slots for the discs , using regular Plastic DVD cxases .
I'd like to see Shout/TMG strike a deal with Universal to replace the transfers from 16mm of late season 4 and all of seasons 5-6, and 8 with new HD transfers from 35mm, including five rare color episodes from season 5. Season 7 should have 29 uncut episodes replacing the edited-for syndication versions, I know, I have the WT Complete Color Season set with those 29 and just three uncut episodes.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
Status updates

Diff'rent Strokes, Fantasy Island & Webster have been changed to 'Abandoned' as it has been over a year since the last release and no announcements have been made about future releases.

I really haven't collected much TV on DVD or blu-ray, but I just ordered all 3 seasons of Fantasy Island. Hopefully the remaining seasons will be released some day. I had actually forgotten all about that show.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
bretmaverick2 said:
I wish that Fantasy Island would be completed.

I would really like the re-launch of the series to be released. I thought it was a great re-imagining of the show that added to the original and didn't act like it never happened.
I don't think I ever saw the 1998 new Fantasy Island, but it does sound interesting...and Malcolm McDowell seems like a good choice. I would buy it if it were released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks