What's new

Shout Factory to release Vincent Price collection! (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Oh, maybe you can't from them. I hear people talking about price matches but I guess that's at Best Buy and Target, etc.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I just cancelled. Heck with it. Don't know how prompt the Groupon shipment will be on a new release like this, but since you also have it coming, I figured what the heck. :)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Ordered a copy from Groupon and only paid $32.95 shipped. I don't think it'll be possible to get it cheaper anywhere else.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
How did you get it for $32.95? The Groupon deal was $39.99 plus tax if applicable, which brought my order to $42.00 and some change.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Just cancelled my Amazon order and purchased through Groupon. Mine came to $42.98 shipped. Thanks for the heads-up!

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Well, what the hell. This was my first purchase, and I sure didn't get that.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Mark Cappelletty said:
Nor me! I heard, however, that it sometimes takes up to 4-5 days to get the $10 coupon after you register.
This is what happened to me. I signed up for an account after I heard about the low price for the VP set but didn't actually order anything for a few days. This morning I got an email telling me about the extra discount. Stoked about the super low price :)

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
For those that have this, how does House of Usher sound? The soundtrack on the old MGM DVD suffered a bit from some aggresive noise reduction. Vincent Price was a little hard to understand at times, and in the offscreen argument scene you could't hear some of his lines at all! They were perfectly audible on the Corman commentary, along with a bit of noise and hiss.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Will*B said:
Yes - I bought the set last week from that famous store near Covent Garden that sells US imports before release date...

I think it looks fantastic. Usher is slightly darker than the Arrow, but still looks great. Masque's colours are wonderful, and Witchfinder & Phibes are stunning transfers. The booklet is nice too.

All I'd say is that the packaging feels/looks a bit cheap compared to Shout's usual standard...

If you're a Price fan, then you can buy this with total confidence, in my opinion.
Would you mind PMing me the name of this shop as I cannot find it at all. I am fed up paying $50-60 to import from amazon.com!!! and would rather browse in the shop & pay slightly less to them instead of $25 express airmail with amazon for BD imports to the UK !!!

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
SilverWook said:
For those that have this, how does House of Usher sound? The soundtrack on the old MGM DVD suffered a bit from some aggresive noise reduction. Vincent Price was a little hard to understand at times, and in the offscreen argument scene you could't hear some of his lines at all! They were perfectly audible on the Corman commentary, along with a bit of noise and hiss.
It sounds fine. I had no trouble understanding any of the dialogue. See my review here:

The Vincent Price Collection Blu-ray Review

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Paul_Warren said:
Would you mind PMing me the name of this shop as I cannot find it at all. I am fed up paying $50-60 to import from amazon.com!!! and would rather browse in the shop & pay slightly less to them instead of $25 express airmail with amazon for BD imports to the UK !!!
Hi Paul. Have sent you a PM.

Will.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks