1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

3D Shout Factory Press Release: Thunder and the House of Magic (3D Blu-ray Combo)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    FROM THE PRODUCERS OF A TURTLE’S TALE & A TURTLE’S TALE 2
    COMES A SPECTACULAR ADVENTURE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
    THOMBRPS300dpi.jpg
    THUNDER AND THE HOUSE OF MAGIC
    Directed by Renowned 3D Filmmakers Ben Stassen and Jeremie Degruson,
    With Original Music by Ramin Djawadi
    Featuring the Music of Selena Gomez
    BRING HOME THIS INTERNATIONALLY ACCLAIMED ANIMATED FEATURE ON DVD
    and TWO-DISC BLU-RAY™ 3D COMBO PACK (WITH 2D BLU-RAY + DVD+ Digital Copy)
    AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT WALMART STORES EVERYWHERE
    ON SEPTEMBER 30, 2014 FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

This fall, venture inside an intriguing mansion full of endearing animals and a dazzling array of automatons and gizmos, and spellbound by the exciting animated adventure of THUNDER AND THE HOUSE OF MAGIC. Already a great box-office success in much of the world, this highly entertaining family movie is directed by renowned 3D filmmakers Ben Stassen (Fly Me to the Moon, Sammy's Adventures: Escape from Paradise) and Jeremie Degruson (A Turtle’s Tale: Sammy’s Adventure), with original music by Ramin Djawadi (Game of Thrones). The film also features the music by Selena Gomez.

On September 30, 2014, Shout! Factory is proud to present THUNDER AND THE HOUSE OF MAGIC on DVD and on two-disc Blu-ray™ 3D Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D and 2D, DVD and digital), available exclusively at Walmart stores everywhere. The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack allows viewers to enjoy THUNDER AND THE HOUSE OF MAGIC on the platform of their choice and includes spectacular movie presentation on Blu-ray 3D and 2D, DVD and a digital copy of the movie. This highly anticipated movie can also be seen in select U.S theaters and on VOD September 5.

Trailer:

THUNDER AND THE HOUSE OF MAGIC is a whimsical animated family adventure, bringing to life a unique story with a great sense of humor, positive values and universal appeal. Brimming with spectacular animation and endearing characters, this internationally acclaimed motion picture delivers a fun and captivating movie experience for the entire family.

The film tells the story of Thunder, an abandoned young cat who stumbles into a magical old mansion operated by a dazzling array of automatons and gizmos. Owned by a retired magician, the house is occupied by an assortment of his wacky assistants who don't all welcome the new houseguest. But when the magician lands in the hospital and his scheming nephew puts the mansion up for sale, our young hero and his new friends join forces to save their magical home.

Filled with laughter and adventure, THUNDER AND THE HOUSE OF MAGIC is a wonderful tale that you and your little ones will love.

THUNDER AND THE HOUSE OF MAGIC is written by James Flynn, Domonic Paris and Ben Stassen, based on an original story idea from Ben Stassen. The film is produced by Caroline Van Iseghem and Ben Stassen, executive produced by Olivier Courson and Eric Dillens, and features original music by Ramin Djawadi. The 85-minute film is produced by nWave Pictures in association with Studiocanal and Anton Capital Entertainment.

Visit www.thunderandthehouseofmagic.com for more information about the movie.

THUNDER AND THE HOUSE OF MAGIC Two-Disc Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack contains the following special features: Movie presentation on Blu-ray 3D and 2D, DVD and a Digital Copy of the film
    · Origins
    · Character Animation
    · The making of the soundtrack
    · Teaser
    · Trailer

THUNDER AND THE HOUSE OF MAGIC DVD contains the following special features:
    · Origins
    · Character Animation
    · The making of the soundtrack
    · Teaser
    · Trailer

Technical Information – BLU-RAY 3D Combo Pack
    Street Date: September 30, 2014
    SRP: $24.97
    Running Time: 85 minutes
    Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen
    Language: English, French
    Subtitles: English
    Sound: 5.1 DTSMA

Technical Information – DVD
    Street Date: September 30, 2014
    SRP: $16.97
    Running Time: 85 minutes
    Aspect Ratio: 1.78 Anamorphic Widescreen
    Language: English, French
    Subtitles: English
    Sound: 5.1 Dolby Digital

2. Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand Well-Known Member

Paul Hillenbrand
    Very excited to see Ben Stassen's hand in this 3D animation feature FINALLY getting a United Sates Blu-ray 3D release!

Possibly, if the 3D turns out to be as involving with visual pop consistency as A Turtle's Tale emits, the locals will send the necessary positive feedback that will influence the powers-that-be with genuine enthusiasm for change to a higher standard for animated 3D CGI with the "In-Yo' Face Factor" credibility, and a resurgence for quality 3D production creations from our Hollywood studios. :)

3. SFMike

SFMike Well-Known Member

Michael
    I second all that Paul! I'm glad to see Walmart continuing to carry 3D blurays. My local store still has a dedicated 3D bluray section although their support of new 3D releases is only so so. They did not have the 3D version of Spiderman 2 or 300: Rise of an Empire on date of release although they were sold online. It's getting harder and harder to find new 3D releases in retail stores as there is really no promotion of 3D TVs or computer monitors anymore.

Stephen_J_H likes this.
  4. RJ992

RJ992 Well-Known Member

Joel
    Try Target instead. They carry both titles in-store. In the case of Spider-Man 2, their 3D edition included a bonus disc not found via other stores, which is an additional doc on Spider-Man villains. Picked it up yesterday for $24.00.

5. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Apparently this got a limited theatrical release this weekend in the US (~500 screens). Tracking at 67% on Rotten Tomatoes with audience response at 62%.

phillyrobt likes this.
  6. phillyrobt

phillyrobt Well-Known Member

Robt C
    Playing at the Quad Cinema on West 13th Street in NYC

7. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm
    Hang on, there i am looking everywhere for this on Amazon and now i see it's a Walmart exclusive.

Arghhhhhhhhh, i hate these exclusives, just tried the Walmart site, they do not ship to the UK, it's a long wait for the British release, the end of November, for once the USA gains an advantage on a 3D release, probably great 3D too.

8. phillyrobt

Robt C
    If you speak French,,you could get it as Le Manoir Magique from amazon.fr. If not, may I suggest Dragonfly Squadron in 22 days and the Bubble in October to tide you over till then

FoxyMulder likes this.
  9. phillyrobt

Robt C
    Bubble in early November rather

10. Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand Well-Known Member

Paul Hillenbrand
    There is alway the Amazon.de German release: Das Magische Hause 3D (9/25/14 release). Would have ordered that myself if there was no USA Walmart exclusive on the 30th.

Edit: Caution, Amazon.de only lists a Language: German (DTS-HD 5.1) track!

2nd Edit:
    This has also been available in France since April 25, 2014: Le Manoir Magique 3D Combo or
    Le Manoir Magique 3D Blu-ray @ Amazon.fr
    Both list only a single French audio track
    Audio: French (DTS-HD 5.1)

11. RolandL

RolandL Well-Known Member

Roland Lataille
    I get the following when trying to order on WM web site:

Please Note: Due to an error retrieving the delivery dates for your items, we are unable to complete your order at this time. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please attempt to check out again at a later time. Return to cart

12. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Premium
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    I couldn't order it either - it said "ship to home" not available, only available for ordering for in store pickup (I don't have a store near me). Oh well. Will try again later, or wait for the exclusive to end and grab it elsewhere.

13. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Considering the producers and the cover, this looks like it's oriented towards kids. I've already got Sammy 2, don't think I want another kids cartoon.

14. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Checked online and in-store at Walmart yesterday (Canada). Only stocking the DVD. Disappointing.

Josh Steinberg likes this.
  15. phillyrobt

Robt C
    Wow..an impressive 15.96 at some Walmarts! The one I visted in Delaware had one mixed in with the dvds on display with Transformers but more in the back with other children's blu-ray titltes.

16. bujaki

bujaki Well-Known Member

Jose Ortiz-Marrero
    My wife and I were delighted with this production. Lots of great pop-outs organic to the action, as well as depth. Watched in French, but there's an English dub.

phillyrobt likes this.
  17. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Premium
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    Same today when I re-checked. They're losing a sale -- if they had this on their website, I'd buy it today. I don't have a Walmart store near me I can get to, and I'm not willing to drive or take the train a couple hours to get it. So I'll just wait until the exclusive ends and get it elsewhere.

Stephen_J_H likes this.
  18. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Well-Known Member

bob kaplan
    Just watched. Not a classic, but certainly diverting. Adequate villain; cute...but not lovable main character. I thought the 3D was quite good!! Depth and some pop out....at least I thought so...

19. MikeDE

MikeDE Well-Known Member

My local WalMarts do not have it, and according to their website neither do any other Walmarts in a 50 mile radius. It's also said to be sold out online. That was fast.

20. SFMike

SFMike Well-Known Member

Michael
    I enjoyed this animated offering. You could tell a lot of thought went into the 3D presentation. Why relailers are making it hard to buy 3D is just weird.

Panman40 likes this.